Trainstation Disaster

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Garthnait
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Trainstation Disaster

Post by Garthnait »

Hello.

I need a little help with the train signal system. I have this setup:
train_disaster.JPG
train_disaster.JPG (242.19 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
The greencircle signal does not turn green until the train in the station on the right left it. So the train at the greencircle signal must wait until the train in the station is a) filled and b) left the station. Is there a possibility to place a signal so the train from greencircle signal can pass whether there is a train in the station?

All i tried turns the orangecircle signal to green... that should not be...

Thanks for help.

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Trainstation Disaster

Post by torne »

Replace the orange-circled signal with a chain signal, and then you can safely add a regular signal in front of the station.

Garthnait
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Garthnait »

Found a solution:
Attachments
train_disaster_2.JPG
train_disaster_2.JPG (49.58 KiB) Viewed 1902 times

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

You need to keep your junctions clear. You can do that by placing a Chain Signal in front, and a Regular Signal after a junction.

Personally, I would set up my signals like this. (CS = Chain Signal, RS = Regular Signal)

-edit. You just posted a new pic. That's a good step in the right direction, but still has a chance to cause some problems. Give the above setup a shot if you like.

Thegrover
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thegrover »

As for all junctions, if in doubts, look at every entrance and exit to the junction, including two-way rails; then always chain signal in, regular signals out, and separate "main lines" (lines for passing the junction without crossing other "main lines" with other chain signals so that passing trains don't stop to give way unnecessarily

Return to “Gameplay Help”