Best Power Armor Mk2 configuration

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Best Power Armor Mk2 configuration

Post by Hogweed »

Hi,

I ws wondering what the best configs for the Power Armor Mk2 would be. i watched a tutorial and searched around and found very little. I was curious if having 2 of the fusion reactors would be better, but when the guy on the video tried it, it dd not seem to make it recharge any faster. Also, whats the best number of exoskeletons to use? I have 4, and I move really fast, enough to be able to skirt around bases and do a lot of damage. 3 seems good too, just does not have the edge that 4 does.
Here is what I have now, the solar panels were used until I could get enough artifacts for the reactor, but I keep them in because I am not sure what else to get and how to proceed.

I seem to have way more than enough recharge power as it is, as my batteries never seem to run out even if my shields get low, it recharges quick, I think the solar panels help a lot there. But not sure what else I should add, maybe just 4 more shields and another battery?
Would appreciate any ideas of what works best for both defense and offense, and what else should I get. i tried the personal laser, but it seemed not worth the space.

THanks!

gnash
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Best Power Armor Mk2 configuration

Post by gnash »

Hi, I've no idea what will work best for you but here is what I'm using so far:
My MK2 Armor
My MK2 Armor
amor.png (238.46 KiB) Viewed 11086 times
My style of playing is to get into the aliens base and destroy the houses with the rocket launcher while some lasers kill most of the aliens that come attacking me. However therefore I need a lot of armor and energy. Batteries seem to not recharge the armor fast enough so I'm using two generators for that. It's quite nice ;) BTW: The idea of giving the player the opportunity to configure their own amror is simply brilliant. People will identify even more with game - as you can see by this thread :D

So guys - tell us what you got!

Hogweed
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hogweed »

Hi gnash ("Fire" for Orkish!)

I am surprised you use only 1 exoskeleton, having at least 3 you can outrun the biters pretty easily, thus take less damage. You wont even need the car, which is a pain since it takes damage way too easily for all the obstacles around. I think if you had more batteries you would not need the 2nd reactor. My batteries hardly ever go down much. I think i will pop in 4 more shields and another battery and see how that goes.
Thanks for sharing!

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

I use three exoskeletons and two fusion reactors myself. The rest consists of shields and a bunch of batteries. That works fine for me.

Another fusion reactor should be a lot better than the solar cells. The batteries won't load faster because they have a limit with which they can load at max as far as i know - but the second fusion generator helps powering your exoskeletons and the shields. The batteries are needed because even two generators won't be enough to refill the shields AND power your exos.

Pipebomb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pipebomb »

I've been using 2 Fusion Reactors, 6 Exoskeletons, and 5 Shields.

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

With 2 or 3 fusion reactors, what is the point in batteries?

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

starxplor wrote:With 2 or 3 fusion reactors, what is the point in batteries?
GewaltSam wrote:The batteries are needed because even two generators won't be enough to refill the shields AND power your exos.
But I need to check if three fusions won't be a better choice.

squisher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by squisher »

Pipebomb wrote:I've been using 2 Fusion Reactors, 6 Exoskeletons, and 5 Shields.

Der_Doodle
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Der_Doodle »

I use 2 sets of armors.
A Travel/Basemaintanance Armor (2 Fusions, 6 Exo Skelletons, 3 Shields, 8 free slots)
and a Battle Armor (2 Fusions 2 Exo Skelletons, 5 Shields, 4 Laser Turrets, 4 MK2 Batteries)

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

I cant even work in my base with 4 exo's unless I use the time mode to cut speed to 0.5. Otherwise, I dont have the fine control to stand next to belts and pick up from only one side.

I havent used the offensive armor eq, are the laser defense things worthwhile?

Der_Doodle
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Der_Doodle »

Damage of a Laser Defense thingy is kinda equal to a Laser turret. Problem is just that when your shields get down you are fast out of juice for your exos. The turrets draw quite abit while shooting.

But 6 Big Biters while circling die without you actively shooting (or having real turrents placed near) in a reasonable amount of time.

ATM thinking about switching a couple of shields out for more laser turrets in my armor

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

personal lasers are minimally effective when you are attacking with the car. Otherwise, using personal lasers will zero your power out exactly when you need it to power the exos to make your escape. Its like losing your brakes when you're driving down a hill.

Der_Doodle
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Der_Doodle »

I dont use a car cause I really dislike its driving abilitys

Power for Personal Turrets is a non issue in my Battle Armor with 3 Power Cores.

carkasjak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by carkasjak »

This is the best imo. You have enough speed to kite biters indefinitely while shooting them, enough power to keep it all running, and enough shields to protect you if you screw up the kiting.

Return to “Gameplay Help”