[0.14]Control inserter stack size without extra Circuit Net

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
dyf123
Inserter
Inserter

[0.14]Control inserter stack size without extra Circuit Net

Post by dyf123 »

I played old version (0.12) and have a Circuit Network design to control send isometric Science packs into Lab to research. The design like that:
design.PNG
design.PNG (31.9 KiB) Viewed 1179 times
I can extend it easily by add more calculate model and reconfig some condition. ;)

But When I update to the Version 0.14, I found that it was broken. That is because a new feather import from 0.13 that the regular inserter stack size can be effected by Inserter capacity bonus technology when it pick items from belt or to belt and it was always 1 item. :o

Someone want to tell me about advantage for a compressed belt 's transit (@torne), Someone want to fit it by a hack way with the limit of Lua's number and 2's complement, Someone have modify the wiki to effect a compromise (@Bilka),Someone want to tell me the game always change (@Koub). But None can have a mind that it's illogical and it can use the Stack Inserter which it can do more better and it also imported from 0.13 if It need to pick many items from belt or to belt. :shock:

And importantly, I try to fix it with add extra Circuit Network model to balance the signal of the inserter, but it make the design more complex and it can't solution the limit faultlessly. :cry:

Is anyone think about the accurate control of the inserter, which I can just pick only 1 item easily with a regular inserter and a belt? :!:

And at finally, I need a new idea to fit the bad feather. Or easily, The developers realize that the feather is so bad and need to fix back. :evil:

See also:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=40689
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=40708

dyf123
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.14]Control inserter stack size without extra Circuit Net

Post by dyf123 »

I have two solutions now.
Plan A is a more complex Circuit Network disign, Which it's on where I'm standing in the save file(https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B137Rr ... p=drivesdk). It seem work ,but it does not work smoothly.

Plan B is which I use it now. Set the variate 'inserter_stack_size_bonus' in player's focre to 0. Then all non stack inserters' size is always 1, And it will pick only 1 item from anywhere or to anywhere accurately.

Return to “Gameplay Help”