Inserter's not loading off belts to factories

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
supernaturally
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Inserter's not loading off belts to factories

Post by supernaturally »

For some reason the inserter's are not pulling the items off of the belts to the factories. If I load the factories manually they work fine and the ones pictured above are working just fine. I had this same problem in my first game and thought it might just have been a corrupted file but now it has happened again. I can't see any logical reason why the insserter's are not working. Your help is appreciated!

David
Attachments
Factorio Factories.PNG
Factorio Factories.PNG (862.45 KiB) Viewed 2291 times

riking
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Inserter's not loading off belts to factories

Post by riking »

It looks like the factories are finished and there's nowhere for the output to go. If you open the assembler, are ~4 items already in the output slot?

RoddyVR
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by RoddyVR »

assemblers effectively have 2 modes of operation.
1. when they are completely hand fed (no inserter feeding them materials). in which case they will keep making their recepie untill they run out of a material or the output slot has a full stack in it and cant fit more.

2. when there is atleast one inserter putting materials into an assembler, the assembler will try to "conserve" your materials and only fill the output slot to a few pieces (i think its 2 or 4 recepies worth). to make it keep going, add an inserter that takes the results out of the assember and puts into a chest (or keep taking them out manualy, but that's annoying to do).

supernaturally
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by supernaturally »

That was it, amazing how something so simple can mess one up. I didn't realize the factories had no storage beyond four. Thanks for your help!

David

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Eriksonn »

It is not the assembler that cant do more than 4, it is the inserter that dont want to put in if assembler has more

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

Yeap, inserters stop adding items when the double amount of what's needed for the production is reached.
(If your production item would need 8 copper plates, the inserter will stop at 16).

Return to “Gameplay Help”