When will there be an OSX Mavericks update? Please make one.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mr.DumbButt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

When will there be an OSX Mavericks update? Please make one.

Post by Mr.DumbButt »

I bought the game assuming this was supported and it can run but its unplayable once you start a game. I've been nonstop crying since I found out it's not supported so please.. end my tears.

UPDATE: Reinstalling the game actually did fix the problem so never mind. Thought I would at least give it a try and poof works.
Last edited by Mr.DumbButt on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: When will there be an OSX Mavericks update? Please make

Post by muzzy »

I'm using OSX Mavericks and the game works fine. How is it unplayable? Are the graphics garbled, i.e. maybe you need to toggle the low quality graphics on?

Mr.DumbButt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mr.DumbButt »

In the options menu It's impossible to toggle any of the options and when I start the game the screen is black except for some code or something. I'm going to redownload.

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

Ah, so it's the VRAM issue indeed. Redownload won't help, you'll have to edit your config file manually I'm afraid. There will be a fix sometime in future, but not in the next patch AFAIK.

The config file is located in ~/Library/Application\ Support/factorio/config/config.ini, you need to edit under "[graphics]" section to set "low-graphics=true".

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

As I read in another thread, he also had problems with too less VRAM on his MAC. After a complete reboot without restoring the opened programs the game worked for him, firefox (flash plugin) and some other programms clogged up the memory.

Return to “Gameplay Help”