Don't understand why my generator didn't work

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
matheod
Inserter
Inserter

Don't understand why my generator didn't work

Post by matheod »

Hi,

The generator at the right work but not the generator at the left and I don't understand why (and I need energy).

Thanks.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Don't understand why my generator didn't work

Post by FreeER »

If you have not read the FAQ (right at the top of the Help subforum) and followed the link to the power production page on the Wiki, do that first please (power questions are very common and it's usually boiler or non-existent connections).
If that does not help you then an image of the steam engine's information rather than the electric pole (current output and available) and/or the save file would provide a bit more info, but seeing as you don't have many steam engines and there are poles nearby both the engines and machines that could use that power, I would expect not enough boilers to heat the water, or not enough coal to feed the boilers. It's a bit difficult to tell for sure with the provided image however.

edit: a slightly closer look at the picture provided, and it almost looks like the steam engine isn't connected to the boiler next to it (and thus not getting any water to use to generate power).

murillokb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by murillokb »

The above is right. The boiler needs to be connected to the center of the engine. Just move your boiler one square to the left and conect it to your water suply.

matheod
Inserter
Inserter

Post by matheod »

Oh god, that was that ><

So stupid XD, I tried lots of thing but didn't notice it :D

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

murillokb wrote:The above is right. The boiler needs to be connected to the center of the engine. Just move your boiler one square to the left and conect it to your water suply.
I would say to the right rather X D
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Return to “Gameplay Help”