Launching the satellite doesn't win the game

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ziroby
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Launching the satellite doesn't win the game

Post by ziroby »

My game doesn't finish when I launch the rocket with a satellite in it. I put the satellite in and press the Launch button. It shows a graphic of the rocket taking off and leaving the screen. Then the rocket bay doors close and the silo prepares to create another rocket. I thought I was supposed to get a victory menu and an achievement. Instead it behaves exactly like it did when I forgot to add the satellite.

I'm playing 0.14.21 off o/f Steam.

What am I doing wrong

Thanks,
Ziroby

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Launching the satellite doesn't win the game

Post by Frightning »

Was that your first launch that game? If not, that explains it, you already got that prompt before, and chose to continue playing (you've already won).

ziroby
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ziroby »

Frightning wrote:Was that your first launch that game? If not, that explains it, you already got that prompt before, and chose to continue playing (you've already won).
It was my first launch. I saved the game just before launching. When I forgot to load the satellite, i restored my save point and launched with the satellite. I know I didn't win because I haven't gotten the achievement.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

If the map was created in the map editor or you are using a custom scenario then there is no victory menu / rocket counter, unless the map/scenario-maker patched that in. Only maps started with New Game and the freeplay and sandbox scenarios show that menu and the rocket counter by default.

If you upload the save we might be able to fix that.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Gameplay Help”