Scenario packs worthwhile?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Zordah
Inserter
Inserter

Scenario packs worthwhile?

Post by Zordah »

Pretty subjective topic I know but now that I have been playing Factorio for a few days I am now considering if it is worth another 10 euros to upgrade to get the scenario packs at the next tier.

Are these just pre-built save games with an arbitary end goal or are they fully scripted like the demo/tutorial?

How many are there and are they being added to?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Scenario packs worthwhile?

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Zordah
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zordah »

I wasn't asking HOW to get them, but looking for opinions on if they were worth the extra 10 euros or not from people who already have them.

Also asking what format they were, just premade maps or scripted or what?

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gammro »

I think they're worth the money. I really like the tight spot challenge missions. At least the tight spot and belt mania missions are on set maps(not sure about supply challenge). Basically, they're missions with scripted goals, unlike anything found in the campaign.

Tight spot, for example, gives you unlimited time to build a factory in god mode, after which you start the time and the factory will start to run. In each level, you're tasked to build as many of the requested items and supply them to the chest. These items are worth credits, and you have to have a certain amount of profit after a specified amount of time(I believe all of them are 10 minutes). The mission runs in fast speed so you don't have to wait 10 minutes :P
Ignore this

bonob
Inserter
Inserter

Post by bonob »

They are not scenarios in the usual sense of the term, they are more like puzzles.
It's challenging and interesting, but if you're looking for a scripted story, it will not fit the bill.

I bought them because I like to play a story in this kind of games more than sandbox mode, and was quite disappointed actually.
I hope Factorio team will release traditional scenarios in the future!

Zordah
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zordah »

Thanks Bonob that's the sort of feedback I was looking for.

I would rather play freeplay than do puzzle challenges...

empty111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by empty111 »

i really like the idea of the maps and they sound interessting....
but i have to admit that 10€ is kinda too much for only 3 maps....which i dont know how long i will play at.....
and i dont think they have thaaat much replayability? (is that even a word)

i wonder if our modders could do "missions"/"scenarios" like these too?
but as i said...10€....sounds too much :/

trjp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by trjp »

Couple of points to note

1 - the price gap will half on June 1st, as the base-tier is getting more expensive

2 - the price tiers are clearly more about "how much you want to support the game" than they are about their content.

I imagine the scenarios will - at some point - become part of the full game (if they're popular enough and so on).

So what you're getting right now is a 'bit of icing on your cake' - it's doubtful you'll get as much value from them as you did from the rest of the game (which costs the same money right now = 10EU) - BUT - some people like to support development by paying more and it's just a thankyou for that.

It's a balancing act with stuff like this - offer too much and people complain about it, offer too-little and people try to assign value to the thing instead!?

empty111
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by empty111 »

well, when i had enough money i would even buy copys for all ppl i know ;)
factorio deserves it in my eyes...one of my fav. games :)
but since i have a very limited budget at the moment, for me its not "how much do i want to support", for me its a what do i get for my money ratio..... (or better : what do i want to get for my birthday :D )

Return to “Gameplay Help”