Bobs Mods Oil Rail Tanker

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
mrudi
Inserter
Inserter

Bobs Mods Oil Rail Tanker

Post by mrudi »

I have been using the oil tanker and wondered if I can have a station that is both pickup and deliver. The only idea I had was to add a cargo container to each train (opposite positions), this way the each tanker rolls up to a different spot. Is there a better way that I'm missing? Is there some way to manage this through a network or something (ie turn on pump to fill when train A arrives at station and turn on pump to drain when B is at station).

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bobs Mods Oil Rail Tanker

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Bob's Mods has an oil tanker? =s I couldn't find it.

But this is a question for the mod's forum really, it depends entirely on how the mod works. Can you signal it in any way? If all else fails you could wire up two power switches, one for a pump in either direction, and only enable whichever needs to be done but that probably requires detecting the train contents which I'm not sure you can do with your mods.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

mrudi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mrudi »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:Bob's Mods has an oil tanker? =s I couldn't find it.

But this is a question for the mod's forum really, it depends entirely on how the mod works. Can you signal it in any way? If all else fails you could wire up two power switches, one for a pump in either direction, and only enable whichever needs to be done but that probably requires detecting the train contents which I'm not sure you can do with your mods.
You are right, its not a Bobs mod. Its a mod called Rail Tanker. Sorry for the confusion.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

No prob. While nobody can help you without more information on your mods, I can give some advice. For it to work how you want you'll need some way of detecting if you need to load or unload, are there any identifiers you can get from the trains to circuit network? If not then you're restricted to using either train layout or a separate stop.

I'd recommend a separate stop anyway, in my current Bob's Mods game I'm holding all supply trains at the station until there is a demand. That way I won't end up with dozens of full trains flying about pointlessly. I also do this in vanilla for oil barrel unloading, if there are any barrels in the unloading chests I hold the train at the station. Obviously this approach is not feasible if you're using the same station to load and unload.

mrudi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mrudi »

How do you keep a train from running on a schedule until a condition is met (outside of the vanilla go to train station and stay there until....)?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

If you mean hold it at the station until an external condition is met, you can connect a Train Stop to the circuit network then add a Wait Condition to the train and select Circuit for the type. You get a Decider-like option, such as ([Crude Oil Barrel] = 0) which will hold the train at the station as long as there is more than one Crude Oil Barrels in chests connected to the Train Stop.

mrudi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mrudi »

Thanks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”