early game setup for boilers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
SpaceMuffins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

early game setup for boilers

Post by SpaceMuffins »

whats a good early game setup for boilers
Thank You, and come again

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: early game setup for boilers

Post by Bushdoctor »

I think it's hard to answer that because people tend to play at different speeds and styles..
Personally I just string some boilers together to keep things working, knowing that my permanent setup will be better organized and usually in a different spot.
I don't worry about any ratios as long as it keeps my lights lit.

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Pretty much any setup that involves 1 offshore pump, directed through 14 fuel-fed boilers, into 10 steam engines. Or two rows, each with seven boilers into 5 steam engines. The exact arrangement is pretty forgiving, to be honest. You can worry later about what kinds of inserters and belts you want, how few power poles are required, etc. Most of the planning and special layouts you see are less about "Optimizing performance" and more about "Help, I'm running out of shoreline to put more offshore pumps".

Basic Examples:

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

First one pump, boiler and engine. Next step is 3 boilers and 2 engines. After that resources needed to power plant stuff is negligible and I make full rows of 14 boilers and 10 engines.

I do not care about allocating room or such things because it is so easy to disassemble and reassemble few entities in that phase if needed. I have noticed that it is better strategy (for me) not to try to make final base from beginning. So I would say that any assembly which produces needed electricity is good at early game, if you do not have any personal gamerules.

Return to “Gameplay Help”