Deconstruction of items into their components

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
LORD_LEXX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Deconstruction of items into their components

Post by LORD_LEXX »

Hi guys! I'm starting to accumulate a lot of "obsolete" items in the game. Is there a way to get rid of them? Either to break them down into the original components or somehow "delete" them? Right now I dump them all into chests, but that seems inefficient.

LORD_LEXX
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Deconstruction of items into their components

Post by LORD_LEXX »

Yep, found it! Thanks! Is deconstruction going to be a feature in the future?

sciencemile
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sciencemile »

I sure hope so, or at least proper upgrading; it's a bit hit an miss. Like being able to upgrade Underground Belts, but not Splitters.

Always have those leftover Burner Items that just go unused after I set up Electricity as soon as possible. It takes longer than if I built more Burner stuff but unless you could upgrade them it just seems like a waste.

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GewaltSam »

sciencemile wrote:I sure hope so, or at least proper upgrading; it's a bit hit an miss. Like being able to upgrade Underground Belts, but not Splitters.

Always have those leftover Burner Items that just go unused after I set up Electricity as soon as possible. It takes longer than if I built more Burner stuff but unless you could upgrade them it just seems like a waste.
On the other hand, you need what? Like five iron bars for them? After a few hours, my factory uses hundreds of them per minute :) For me, Factorio is a game about abundance for a small part at least. Don't be too afraid to build some of them you maybe don't need anymore after some time. Leave them in a chest somewhere, or even destroy that chest. Or try to not use them at all, your choice.

Return to “Gameplay Help”