Transpiort Belts help

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
mICHAEL
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Transpiort Belts help

Post by mICHAEL »

I have a factory setup that uses inserters to put raw materials from a series of extractor belts and puts them directly into my factory,then more extractors pull the finished materials out,but I've not left myself any room to setup a production line for the said materials to be ferried to my other line without demolishing the entire setup. Is it possible to run extractor belts,over the top of another belt without sending things that I don't wish to be send,down the new line? I would screenshot it,but I can't figure out how to do so..

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Transpiort Belts help

Post by jeroon »

There's underground belts that can go for a maximum of 4 tiles, and there's flying robots later in the game. You can also put 2 different items on 1 belt, inserters will always put items on the far side of the belt, so filling it from opposite sites creates 2 rows on one belt. There are also smart inserters, only grabbing the items you tell them to.

Screenshots: on pc, use the Prt Scr button, go to http://imgur.com/, hit Ctrl-v (paste), and copy the url it gives you to the forum :) (there's a million other ways, for me this is the easiest and fastest.)

[edit]removed the part where I said inserters always take them the near side of a belt. They don't, they prefer the near side, but take from both sides[/edit]
Last edited by jeroon on Wed May 21, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gregorovitch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gregorovitch »

I was under the impression inserters picked up from both sides a belt but only placed on the far side.

DrNoid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DrNoid »

Indeed, inserters can grab from both sides.
If they have a choice they'll prefer the close side.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

Oops, you're right, of course.. will edit my post to not confuse people.

Return to “Gameplay Help”