Do Radars Attract Biters ?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Do Radars Attract Biters ?

Post by nobodx »

I recently had a discussion with a friend of mine, and i hope someone can enlighten us (maybe even a dev ;) )

Do Radars actualy attract biter directly ?

I know they drain huge amounts of power, and without solar energy you'll need power from steamengines. And the steamengines need lots of warm/hot water from boilers which produce pollution and thats upset biters (or makes them hungry or arouses them... not sure what makes them nuts about pollution).
But since radars don't produce pollution themselves, biters shouldn't actively try to hunt down radars (except in that one Campaign-Mission)

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Do Radars Attract Biters ?

Post by Neemys »

If biters going for you base pass next to a radar, they will destroy it and everything that block their way to the radar.

But on there own, they will not go out of their base and attack radar randomly. Only when they pass next to a radar while having another objective. It's the same for turret, they do not produce pollution but attract nearby biter.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Return to “Gameplay Help”