Bad allocation problem.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
xBoBox3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bad allocation problem.

Post by xBoBox3 »

Hello, i have recently acquired a copy of factorio and i have been happily playing it for a while.
Now, i have a problem. I actidentally died in a game of mine (i was 10 hours in, really didn't expect it to happen) and now everytime i try to load ANY save from that game it provides me with the error "bad allocation". Simple error, no crash dump as far as i checked and it also crashes my game (it crashes to desktop without any further notice).

This is really pesky and i hope i am not the only one experiencing this...
Thanks in advance!

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bad allocation problem.

Post by jeroon »

Can you post a link to the save game? Are there no healthy auto-saves to load?

xBoBox3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xBoBox3 »

I have mostly relied on the autosaves to play the game, and i unfortunately have already overwritten all the autosaves. Although i do have a really old savegame, that i cannot load. Also, in the new map i started i can load the saves easily. This save, i cannot load from the problematic map.

Darn, cant add it as attachment. http://www.girlshare.ro/33582268.5

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

I'm getting the same error. Are you using any mods? The only result that came up on the forumsearch was people using a mod, but that was 6 months ago :)

xBoBox3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xBoBox3 »

No, playing only base for the last while, but my guess right now is that the map itself became corrupt. Anyways, i have already started another playthrough, but thanks anyways!

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

I find a way to fix this problem:

go to your folder Roaming in Windows 7+ (%appdata% as command in RUN windows (Win+R) or in CMD). Find folder "factorio". Copy folder saves in it to another folder. Clear folder factorio (delete all files and filder in it). Run Fatorio game and exit. copy folder "saves" back in "factorio". RUN game

flexoleonhart
Inserter
Inserter

Post by flexoleonhart »

so... have other simple way... checkon in options: low graphic settings. its strange but work

Return to “Gameplay Help”