Bitters Attack in peaceful mode

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Sognar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Bitters Attack in peaceful mode

Post by Sognar »

As the Topic says i am only one hour in a sandbox peacefulmode game and have had several Large bitter colonies near my Base - out of a sudden they started to attack my facilities and me. Also only about 1/3 of them does this it seems - albeit the colony is more or less directly inside my base.

I didnt attack first or anything and didnt set up any turrets or such things.

Why do the bitters do this? Is this a Bug? Or have i done something wrong?

nepp95
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Bitters Attack in peaceful mode

Post by nepp95 »

I've had this problem as well, but they seem to attack less frequent when I turn on peacefulmode, but they still do come some times. Not only those that were coming already.

murillokb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by murillokb »

On my peaceful world they never attack. But when I go near their bases they will sometimes attack me for no reason so maybe that's the case.
you are to close to the spawners.

Sognar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sognar »

When i do attack does this trigger ALL of them to behave "normaly" aggressive or just those in close vicinty? (so can i clear out camps without having to worry about regular defenses)

murillokb
Inserter
Inserter

Post by murillokb »

Just the ones near you. So you can destroy bases one by one without aggroing the entire map :D

edit: one tip: don't go all rambo. when you decide to attack on peaceful mode it means you are pretty evolved yourself so big bitters are expected and those things are really hard to kill with mid game weapons and they can kill you pretty fast.

Return to “Gameplay Help”