How to get robot count

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

How to get robot count

Post by mexmer »

I was trying to setup automated robot upgrading system, which will make new robots after certain time passed, then it will upgrade them.

i have not found yet, how to read number of robots (construction, logistic) in network. If you read content of logistic network, it will show number of robots, if they are stored in storage chests, but not when they are already deployed, or at least, i have not found, how to get number of deployed robots (regardless they idle or working).

you can see number of robots in roboport details, so that value might be available somewhere (but idk where)

Thegrover
Inserter
Inserter

Re: How to get robot count

Post by Thegrover »

Roboports can output what you're after. Connect one with a red or green wire and they will output both the available and total number of robots in the entire system (but only from that logistics network)

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Just to clarify, after hooking a red/green wire to a roboport, select the roboport. You'll see an extra heading where it assigns various robot counts (const/logi/total/available) to certain variables, which you can change as desired, and reference at other points in the network.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Thegrover wrote:Roboports can output what you're after. Connect one with a red or green wire and they will output both the available and total number of robots in the entire system (but only from that logistics network)
thanks, that's indeed what i needed.

@thegrover yes i did change roboport mode to robots statistics, which is what i needed.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Yea set like this:
roboport
L = total logisitics roboter

and connect with inserter, then set it to activate when L < (your desired number of roboters)

You can also change L = total logisitcs rober to e.g. L < total logisitics roboter atm avaible

But i prefer the first method and change it every some hours of gameplay (when i need)

DerRichtige
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DerRichtige »

Hi is there a way to read how many/type of Robots are in connected port not System cause reading the logistic network content and let the connected inserter grab when a certain amount of robots is reached is not working.

Thanks

Return to “Gameplay Help”