Rail signalling !@x***!@@x

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Rail signalling !@x***!@@x

Post by Quax »

Hi all, I already tried to figure this out by reading some threads regarding rail signalling, however it seems im too dumb obvious. Can someone please exlplain why in the follwonig exambple the trains cannot find a path???? This is just a comprehensive scheme of my first rail setup, and I simply want

>> the upper train to go straight between the stations
>> the lower train to move between the lower two stations

From my point of view, all the relevant signals are green, so why do the trains say "not path"?????

Kayanor
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Rail signalling !@x***!@@x

Post by Kayanor »

You might want to rotate the trains. The lower one looks to the end of the rail.
Former moderator.

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

Yeah, never mind .. I think it was either a bug or a problem with having only one locomotive that prevented the upper train to move to the right. I now figured it out:

Strange things are happening in Factorio empire ...

alfonsomatador
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by alfonsomatador »

It's not strange nor a bug. Trains can only go forward. The bottom train is facing to the left, therefore, it can only go towards the left (vice versa for the train on the top). If you want a train to go in either directions, you need to put locomotives facing both direction on both ends.

Return to “Gameplay Help”