Question on accumulators and circuits

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
autohost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Question on accumulators and circuits

Post by autohost »

I see that in 0.13+, accumulators can be be connected to a circuit network, and return their charge percentage.
Is there an easy way to determine the total power network's accumulator percentage charge remaining? Hopefully I would not have to connect *every* accumulator to the circuit network...

rolfl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Question on accumulators and circuits

Post by rolfl »

Any one accumulator can represent the state of all accumulators if you assume/ensure:

- all of the accumulators have been at 100% or 0% together - establishing a baseline for all accumulators for the entire power network
- no accumulators have been added/removed since that baseline was established
- no accumulators (or an insignificant number) are used as "bridges" between different power networks - and you don't use this accumulator to measure either network's state.

All accumulators on the same network will charge/discharge at the same rate, so one of them will be representative of all of them.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

if you connect to one it will show the charge % of all of them that are on the same electrical system.
caution! if you wire two accumulators together with red or green wires, it will change the charge % (A signal) to 200% when full.
so when using them in a circut network, i just connect to one.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Accumulators each do their own thing, so if you add new ones or disconnect them then you can make funny behavior.

All accumulators on the network will charge and discharge at exactly the same rate. So the moment they all top off or bottom out, you can treat them as a single blob where each accumulator is the same.

autohost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by autohost »

Thank you all.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved from General to Gameplay Help
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Gameplay Help”