Discovering ressources with radar

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Discovering ressources with radar

Post by Quax »

Hi, I'm currently playing a map where my radar has already uncloaked a quite huge area of the map.

As you can see, there is only one spot with oil discovred so far (top left, connected with my first rail line). My question now is - is there a chance that my radar will detect additional ressource patches of oil within the already discovered area? Like, is there a chance that I will discover additional oil within the large area south of my main base?

Thanks!

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Discovering ressources with radar

Post by mooklepticon »

Nope. Need to uncover new area to find more oil.

If you're into mods, get Bergius process which lets you convert coal into oil stuff.

Quax
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Quax »

Thanks, will look into that mod .. its quite unpleasent to have nothing at hand to move on to blue science ... 6 oil wells is well .. just nothing :-) On the other hand, this made me create my first fortified outpost :-)

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

In addition to Burgius Process there are some others as well that allow you to get either more oil or more oil products. I Ave absolutely nothing against Burgius prcess just want to provide some variety. :)

There is also Algaculture which lets you make more light oil oil through a side process and then crack that light oil into more petroleum.
Also More Oil-Production mod lets you make oil from coal and wood as well as adding in a new oil processing recipe that requires coal as well and yields more petro, light oil and heavy oil than nromal.
Image Image Image

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

In a "simple" game I'll set the map to maximum oil. This brings it in line with medium ore deposits which is somewhat annoying but it's something.

Medium to low oil settings should only be used if you want to get into trains, because you're going to need them ._.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “Gameplay Help”