Single Production Line Help

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mooono
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Single Production Line Help

Post by Mooono »

In a few multiplayer games I've dropped into, I've seen people using what I can only describe as a single long production line. What this entails is two belts - one above and one below - feeding materials to assemblers that produce the mundane stuff; miners, assemblers, pipe, inserter's etc. It was very neat and tidy and made these things on one long line feeding into provider chests for robots to come grab from.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of this and has a screenshot or a video they know of which I can look at as it was just perfect for my needs.

Any more info just ask and I'll do my best to answer.

grouchysmurf
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Single Production Line Help

Post by grouchysmurf »

This thread and this reddit may be of help.

mennoo1996
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Single Production Line Help

Post by mennoo1996 »

I think you mean something like this.

Everything you need like belts, inserters, etc. needs three things: iron plates, iron gear wheels and electronic circuits.
I make the gear wheels on site separately for every assembler, you could also run gear wheels together with the iron plates over the whole belt.
As you can see, I've seperated a part that doesn't need electronic circuits at all (belts, pipes, etc). You could just add them to the upper line too, however this would make it quite long.

N.B.: I know the ratio's are not optimal sometimes, but I don't need full production anyway. There's always full stacks when I need them.

Return to “Gameplay Help”