Pipes problem

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Lkgv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Pipes problem

Post by Lkgv »

Hi

I'm new! Fantastic game!

So I'm trying to make sulfur, and I don't understand why this doesn't work :oops:

http://i.imgur.com/oeZHJ5a.jpg

The 2 plants on the top side don't work, but the pipes are connected and they're full of petroleum, but the plants don't get filled. What am I doing wrong?

The 3 plants below work fine though.

Thanks!

Ram
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Pipes problem

Post by Ram »

I guess you already tried to remove the plant and put it back? or change the recipe and put it back? It seems weird indeed.

hikkiko
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by hikkiko »

please check the content of the pipe. the collor of the window is too black, as if there is oil. if there is oil then just replace this pipe.

Lkgv
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lkgv »

That was it, 1 piece of pipe was filled with crude oil, thanks!

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

Yeah I've found it's rather hard to 'flush out' your pipes if a different material gets in there accidentally when you're building your network. It would be nice if there was <0.1 of one liquid in a pipe higher volume liquids would just over-write it, for example.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

LittleMikey wrote:Yeah I've found it's rather hard to 'flush out' your pipes if a different material gets in there accidentally when you're building your network. It would be nice if there was <0.1 of one liquid in a pipe higher volume liquids would just over-write it, for example.
Actually there is such a logic already. When two fluids "clash" then under some circumstances (like one of them has a very low level) the lower one is pushed away from the pipe. If there is nowhere to push it, it is simply destroyed. In this case I guess there was just too much of the crude oil.

Return to “Gameplay Help”