Combinator + Assembler

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Combinator + Assembler

Post by The Eriksonn »

I am having a problem with my buildcode factory(A factory that calculates what you need with 0 waste). The problem is when i want multiple assemblers crafting the same thing. I have a belt that has the exact amount of stuff on it, but the assemblers get uneven amount off stuff in them, blocking the system. Does anyone have anything to help me with?

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Combinator + Assembler

Post by Frightning »

The Eriksonn wrote:I am having a problem with my buildcode factory(A factory that calculates what you need with 0 waste). The problem is when i want multiple assemblers crafting the same thing. I have a belt that has the exact amount of stuff on it, but the assemblers get uneven amount off stuff in them, blocking the system. Does anyone have anything to help me with?
You could try the same techniques used for smart furnaces to deal with the fact that Steel requires 5 plates instead of one. I suspect a solution for situation will be substantially more complex, but the concept is the same.

The Eriksonn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Combinator + Assembler

Post by The Eriksonn »

I made a modification to my old system so that it only inputs A while there is something in the B chest.

My old system was to use filter inserters to pick up from the belt if the chest infront had 0 items and then dump into assembler if the chests together had 2 items.

new system:
2016-08-29.png
2016-08-29.png (332.06 KiB) Viewed 978 times
Edit: the top-left inserter should not be everything<red. It should be the item in the filter<red.

Return to “Gameplay Help”