How do you use the Basic electric discharge defense remote?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
the_noisies
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by the_noisies »

I have the Discharge defense in my Power Armour and the remote in my quick bar but nothing I do seems to activate it.

Any help please?

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How do you use the Basic electric discharge defense remo

Post by jeroon »

(Devs, this might be something to look at for the next version, because the workings of this are kinda weird, since the 'capsules and grenates are launched from the "hand" ' update. Also, there's no range-circle like the grenades/capsules have, and you can't see the cooldown.)

What you do is you put the Discharge Defense in your Power Armor, and take the Basic Electric Discharge Defense Remote (who comes up with these names..) in your hand (just left click it), like you do with a capsule or grenate. Then when you're in rangeof a biter, you left click again and it discharges/fires. (If you're not in range, it will do nothing, no warning sound, nothing)

Before 0.9 you had to put it in your quickbar and press the number, that way you could see the couldown timer. With the new patch, you have to put it back into your quickbar to see the cooldown.

Personally I don't think it's worth making, since it doesn't do a lot of damage, and you need power armor to put it in, so you will probably be fighting big biters, who'll laugh in the face of your mighty Discharge Defense :mrgreen:

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: How do you use the Basic electric discharge defense remo

Post by tetryon »

jeroon wrote:(Devs, this might be something to look at for the next version, because the workings of this are kinda weird, since the 'capsules and grenates are launched from the "hand" ' update. Also, there's no range-circle like the grenades/capsules have, and you can't see the cooldown.)

What you do is you put the Discharge Defense in your Power Armor, and take the Basic Electric Discharge Defense Remote (who comes up with these names..) in your hand (just left click it), like you do with a capsule or grenate. Then when you're in rangeof a biter, you left click again and it discharges/fires. (If you're not in range, it will do nothing, no warning sound, nothing)

Before 0.9 you had to put it in your quickbar and press the number, that way you could see the couldown timer. With the new patch, you have to put it back into your quickbar to see the cooldown.

Personally I don't think it's worth making, since it doesn't do a lot of damage, and you need power armor to put it in, so you will probably be fighting big biters, who'll laugh in the face of your mighty Discharge Defense :mrgreen:

Thanks for the tip. It seemed I had to hold down my left mouse button for it to do one laser blast... which then caused me to run slower as it discharged. Definitely useless.

Waffles
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: How do you use the Basic electric discharge defense remote?

Post by Waffles »

Your telling me I just spent like 20 minutes on something useless?????!!!!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Waffles wrote:Your telling me I just spent like 20 minutes on something useless?????!!!!
I'm affraid that you are correct.

nmid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by nmid »

Sigh... I was hoping it would be a nice damage boost to your personal laser defence.. a sort of EMP for biters while you can blast away with your guns or whatever.

WarDaft
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by WarDaft »

Personal lasers are not worth it. Shields, exoskeletons, or batteries, are far better use of the space.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Those stacking exoskeletons are hella good.

There is a critical point in stacking speed bonuses, where the player can outrun everything. At that point you no longer have a real need for defenses except as a safety buffer. All the other weapons in the game can outrange the enemy, so it's just a matter of kiting and blasting away until victory.

Personal turrets aren't terrible per se, but you can't beat speed and the player has more than enough firepower from other sources.

Return to “Gameplay Help”