Change and apply 'biter-settings' midgame?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Kazuar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Change and apply 'biter-settings' midgame?

Post by Kazuar »

Not sure if the topic's for this forum or general disco, but here we go.

I'm playing a modded game (including, amongst others, RSO) of Factorio with the latest 0.13 version, and am now noticing, several hours in, that I've left the map generation settings for enemies at default. As a result, I've had like four attacks in about 8-10 hours.

Now I'm the kind of Factorio player who likes to automate his way against Klendathu Prime itself - it doesn't count as a biter nest if it doesn't spread larger than the entire screen when fully zoomed out - so of course I'm a bit dissapointed with the lack of opposition.

Of course, I'm only noticing that several hours in :roll:

I'm hesitant to just scrap everything and restart on a new map, 'cause I find the map topology has turned out to be somewhat interesting with the resource locations. Is there a way to change map settings (like enemy frequency, size) mid-game, and make the game redo the enemy generation step for already generated chunks?

Like I said, I'm running with mods, so achievements are not a concern.

Thanks for your time!
[Note: I'm actually sorry if my posts come off as rude; english is not my native language, and I'm not aware of all it's nuances. Please do point out my misadoptions in tone!]

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Change and apply 'biter-settings' midgame?

Post by orzelek »

You can try to edit RSO config and increase absolute enemy chance and/or enemy base size multiplier.

It will affect only newly discovered regions so might need to do some extra exploration after that to get to big biter bases.

Return to “Gameplay Help”