where is my key

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
emanuele
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

where is my key

Post by emanuele »

one day ago, I contributed to the game but I was sent the key. I kindly expect this game for a long time. and asked for the key to be sent

I use google translate xD because i'm bad in English

kotasia
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: where is my key

Post by kotasia »

Hello Emanuele,

just check your inbox :)

TreeFace
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TreeFace »

I have yet to receive my key, too. Should I just wait?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

have you sent an email to factorio@factorio.com ? If you have check your spam box to make sure it didn't go in there for some reason and then if it's been more than 24 hours just send them another email as a reminder, they've been busy the last few days.

@Admins/devs we should probably have a sticked post or something at the top for this...
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

TreeFace
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TreeFace »

I'm just so excited to finally play the alpha after beating the demo like 3 times! I can't wait...

Staxxy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Staxxy »

Same here ! I've been madly refreshing my mailbox for 6 hours now... It's depriving me of sleep.

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FreeER »

lol, let's just say it is worth the wait :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

TreeFace
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by TreeFace »

Still waiting like a little dog waits for his owner to come home. ANSWER MY DESPERATE PLEAS OF MIGHTY FACTORIO GODS! I WANT TO PLAY!

Hanse00
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Hanse00 »

Please keep in mind the devs live in the Czech Republic, it's currently 6:41 there, let them get a bit of sleep and wake up. I'm sure you'll get your key in a few hours when everyone is awake and ready to start the day. Furthermore, it's Sunday, let them get a bit of sleep for once :p
You'll get your key soon enough

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Sorry to those who have to wait long times for getting the alpha key. This system of "send an email to get a key" might look quite funny and old fashioned. Especially considering the Factorio is a game about automation. So here is a quick explanation why we did it this way:

When the Indiegogo campaign started (long time ago:)) we haven't offered any alpha. There was only the demo. The alpha was supposed to come out in late March. However our campaign was not doing well at all in the beginning (struggling to get to €1000 in the first week I think). So we decided to give it a boost by offering alpha immediately to people who contributed (if we failed what use would alfa would be to us anyway). That's how the "send email for a key" started.

In the beginning there were very few emails so we handled them ourselves. When there were more and more of them we thought of automating the process. However Kasia (now our PR manager :D :D) took over and started handling the emails. We really wanted to keep the "personal touch" with our users. There were a lot of conversations starting by "alpha please" that resulted in valuable insigts (suggestions regarding the game mechanics, user ideas, recommendations to spread the word, etc.). Also many emails were super positive and very encouraging and we thought it would be a loss to handle all this automatically. Since the amount of emails was manageble until the very end of the campaign we decided to stick with it.

We apologize if you had to wait too long for the reply or your email ended up in our spam filter or anything else happened.

Thibaulthc
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Thibaulthc »

Hello

I understand it might take time to reply all those emails manually
I also guess that you have much more important to do today, regarding the suspension of you PayPal account
(hope that will be solved fast, must be stressful)

I'm already sent two mails to get the alpha after having contributed and I'm dying of eagerness to be able to play the complete version :D
I hope you will find some free time to send us the keys

Thank you in advance
Thibault
(thibauthc@hotmail.Com)

Staxxy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Staxxy »

It is ill-advised to put your adress open on the internet... Behold the spam.

Return to “Gameplay Help”