Loading Assemblers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
seanbrockest
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Loading Assemblers

Post by seanbrockest »

I'm having trouble figuring out how to build assembler networks. I can unload them with inserters, but I can never get them loaded.

The wiki say
Finished products can be extracted by Inserters on to transport belts or into chests, trains or other storage.

But it says nothing about loading assemblers.

I've seen screenshots of people using inserters to load them, but when i do it the inserter just sits there as if it were broken.

Any rookie mistake I might be making? I know that inserters only extract from right hand corners, but is there some trick to inserting?

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Loading Assemblers

Post by FreeER »

First make sure you've right (uh, maybe left, I think the controls got switched in a fairly recent update, but the one that places stuff lol) clicked on the assembler and set the recipe (there's a gui). Until it has a recipe it won't get filled, after that there is a limit on the number of items that will be inserted (I think it's twice what is needed for one item, so if you have a recipe which takes 2 iron, the inserter will load up to 4 and then stop until the assembler has used some). Last make sure that the inserter is facing towards the assembler and that everything has power :D and of course if it gets backed up (items not being removed) then the inserter will stop.

edit: just thought I'd mention this but the inserter must be directly next to both the items to load and the assembler (belt\chest->inserter->assembler), unless you are using the long handed inserter (then you have a single space between the inserter and the assembler)

seanbrockest
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by seanbrockest »

Weird, it's working perfectly now. I'm sure i'm doing the exact same thing that failed last time, but... whatever.

Thanks for the quick response!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

This is sometimes so. Last week I had an assembly, which doesn't work, because one inserter hold an item in the hand, which doesn't fit anymore into the assembly, because of an version update. Even after setting the recipe right, it didn't, I need to bring the item out of the hand of the inserter.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Gameplay Help”