Oil Fields,

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Caseycc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Oil Fields,

Post by Caseycc »

So I just hit the oil point in my current map. And promptly spent a good half hour looking for fields but haven't found any yet.
Is there an easier way to search for them, possibly on the minimap like one can see ores etc? Alternatively, I went looking for a lua command to spawn/cheat some but didn't see one, maybe I missed it?

Side note, anyone else think that dead trees look too much like oil spots when you're zoomed all the way out?

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Oil Fields,

Post by sparr »

They are bright pink squares on the mini map. I think that if you are using a save from before 0.9 that you'll have to explore new chunks of the map for them to get generated.

Caseycc
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Caseycc »

Naw, new freeplay game as of this patch. Hmm, well, maybe my resolution or monitor isn't that great then. Or maybe there is none anywhere near me :(. Can't say I noticed them on my previous game either though [Insert thinking smiley]. Thanks for the reply!

xng
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xng »

The graphics is also very blurry, so it can be hard to see the difference between some brown trees and oil patches if zoomed out just a little bit.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

sparr wrote:They are bright pink squares on the mini map. I think that if you are using a save from before 0.9 that you'll have to explore new chunks of the map for them to get generated.
Im my saves pre 0.9 oil spawned all over my old map, not only in the newly generated junks.

Return to “Gameplay Help”