Can't get alien artifacts

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MadderoftheFew
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Can't get alien artifacts

Post by MadderoftheFew »

I have a very nice factory with a lot of hours put in. I have researched up to the point where I have automated the making of logistic drones. The problem is, I am on an island. The aliens, however, are on a different island. There is not a single alien horde on my island, and I fear I might have to start over. If you have any solutions, please tell me.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Can't get alien artifacts

Post by Koub »

Without mods, it's currently impossible to get out of an island, sorry.
If you're willing to use mods, search.php?keywords=bridge&terms=all&au ... mit=Search
A few outcomes :
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=4973
viewtopic.php?f=93&t=15038
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=14437
viewtopic.php?f=92&t=21370
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

MadderoftheFew wrote:I have a very nice factory with a lot of hours put in. I have researched up to the point where I have automated the making of logistic drones. The problem is, I am on an island. The aliens, however, are on a different island. There is not a single alien horde on my island, and I fear I might have to start over. If you have any solutions, please tell me.
You've got two choices really depending on your available resources. Alien Science mod will allow you to create alien artifacts and science from Red/Green/Blue science and there are a host of mods that will allow you to bridge or landfill to cross the water.

XBBX
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by XBBX »

I think best solution for you is mods because now you need artefacts but later you get low on other things like copper, iron so best thing you can do is download land fill mod build bridge to land and you can delete mod if you want

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to use a mod or two to get over to the mainland. I would suggest either the Landfill mod which lets you fill in water, or perhaps the Aircraft mod that lets you build a plane so you can just fly back and forth from the island to be mainland. :)
Image Image Image

MadderoftheFew
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MadderoftheFew »

I can't get mods because I can't get the mod manager because I can't get java 8 because I don't have a job. Can I get a direct link to download java 8 from somebody?

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

You dont need a mod manager. You can also download a mod and extract the archive to the /mods folder.

For downloading Java, take a look at this site.

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

MadderoftheFew wrote:I can't get mods because I can't get the mod manager because I can't get java 8 because I don't have a job. Can I get a direct link to download java 8 from somebody?
What does not having a job have to do with not getting Java? It's free.

I've never modded Factorio so don't know the details of that, but here's Sun's Oracle's Java page.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... index.html

MadderoftheFew
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MadderoftheFew »

5thHorseman wrote:
MadderoftheFew wrote:I can't get mods because I can't get the mod manager because I can't get java 8 because I don't have a job. Can I get a direct link to download java 8 from somebody?

I've never modded Factorio so don't know the details of that, but here's Sun's Oracle's Java page.
You need a job title, phone number, and description to sign up. You need to sign up to download it. I need a direct link, not oracle.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Open file manager

Type %appdata%\Factorio\mods

Download the mod and put it in that folder

MadderoftheFew
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MadderoftheFew »

searker wrote:You dont need a mod manager. You can also download a mod and extract the archive to the /mods folder.

For downloading Java, take a look at this site.
I can't find a mods folder. Where is it?

MadderoftheFew
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MadderoftheFew »

DaveMcW wrote:Open file manager

Type %appdata%\Factorio\mods

Download the mod and put it in that folder
Thank you.

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

You do NOT need to sign up in order to download Java.
Just take a look at the link i posted in this thread.

If you are using a 64-Bit OS, it is recommended to install both the 32- and 64-Bit version of Java. This would be accomplished by clicking on the 2nd and 3rd "red arrow" from the top. If youre still using a 32-Bit OS (unlikely), just download the 32-Bit version e.g. the 2nd arrow from the top.

Again, Oracle does not force you to sign up to download the latest version(-s) of Java. You do only need an account to access older versions.

Just for simplicity (those links were taken from the Java-Download page):
32-Bit Java
64-Bit Java

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

MadderoftheFew wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:

You need a job title, phone number, and description to sign up. You need to sign up to download it. I need a direct link, not oracle.
I have no idea what you are talking about. I just tested the download from that page and it worked fine. All I had to do was agree to the license agreement. Maybe it just knows I have a job?

Or maybe you're trying to download the developer's kit instead of the runtime environment?

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

Installing factorio mods is really simple...just download and copy into the mods folder. There's one zip file for each mod. Why would anyone need a mod manager?

Return to “Gameplay Help”