Train paths...

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Spider
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train paths...

Post by Spider »

Hello.

I just created my first train network but for some reason my train doesn't want to go from A ("West Older",left on the picture) to B ("Hammond",right on the picture). I can drive the train manually from A to B but if i set it to automatic, it says it can't find a path. Can somebody tell me what goes wrong here?

haunted_1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Train paths...

Post by haunted_1 »

Most likly a signaling issue. Trains will only use rails that has signals on the right side. If there is a rail to the other trainstation which only uses signals on the left, the train will ignor that way.

(OT: holy shit those are alot of ressources)

Spider
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Train paths...

Post by Spider »

Most likly a signaling issue. Trains will only use rails that has signals on the right side. If there is a rail to the other trainstation which only uses signals on the left, the train will ignor that way.
That was the problem indeed. Thanks!
(OT: holy shit those are alot of ressources)
Yeah. I still hit my head sometimes when i look on the map. This was supposed to be a test map to see how hard the game is (my friend told me it can be pretty hard). I maxed out all of iron/copper/coal stuff when generating the map just to know what's the best balance is for me. But Factorio got me instantly and i totally forgot about the ore generation the first 20 hours game time. I will create a "normal" map when the terrain generation is fixed.

Return to “Gameplay Help”