plastics help

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Zortoch
Inserter
Inserter

plastics help

Post by Zortoch »

I have 6 chemical plants in line to make plastics. At first it was working great, i'm wondering if i am doing something wrong as it looks like only 1 or 2 of the chem plants seem to be making plastic now. I double checked everything and all is hooked up correctly. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.Thank you

Zortoch and the girls

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: plastics help

Post by DaveMcW »

6 plastic plants requires 22 petroleum gas per second. Are you sure your oil industry can produce that?

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

DaveMcW wrote:6 plastic plants requires 22 petroleum gas per second. Are you sure your oil industry can produce that?
This is probably the issue. If you're not making enough Petroleum, then no amount of Chemical Plants is going to increase Plastic Bar production. You will need to increase Petroleum production until your Chemical Plants are getting enough again. I usually try to have at least one Storage Tank for each fluid in part so that I check its levels to know if I am making enough of that Fluid or not.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Click on one of the chemical plants and look at the top of the window. It will show which resources have been loaded so far. Then hover over the output slot and it will tell you what's missing. You'll probably find it slowly filling up petro.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

My guess would be that you just aren't producing enough petroleum gas to supply that many chemical plants all working at once. Liquids are a bit weird n the fact that it won't spread them out evenly. So if you aren't producing enough petroleum then only the first couple plants will get fed since it won't distribute it out across all plants unless there access after each one takes what it needs.

So just make sure your producing petro to run all plants at once. :)
Image Image Image

Zortoch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zortoch »

DaveMcW wrote:6 plastic plants requires 22 petroleum gas per second. Are you sure your oil industry can produce that?
Thank you for the help. It seems that petroleum gas was the issue and it all fell into place as soon as I researched Advanced oïl processing. I was not familiar with the math of it.

Zortoch and the girls

Return to “Gameplay Help”