Failing first objective

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
rullelito
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Failing first objective

Post by rullelito »

I'm trying to complete the first objective, i.e. finding something useful in the ship wreck. I am playing the demo btw.

I go to the ship wreck and pick up the 8 iron plates using ctrl+left click, this is the only thing I can find among all the pieces of ship wreck.
After that the objective is still there.

Also, the objective box says "Access it by Left mouse button", but this is not what I have assigned to pick up things. Also, I have not changed the default keyboard settings..

So.. Am I stupid?

edit> Finally worked after I reset the keyboard settings,, Very strange since I actually picked up the Iron Plates and it still told me to look in the ship with incorrect shortcut information..

twepy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Failing first objective

Post by twepy »

The game expects a left click to open the inventory of the wreck and then move the 8 iron to your own inventory.

rullelito
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Failing first objective

Post by rullelito »

Yes, it told me it expected that too. But I had to ctrl+click or shift+click to pick it up.
And when I picked it up the objective was still there. I restarted the demo multiple times and this still happend.
I had the iron plates in my inventory, but the objective still told me to check out the wreck.

And as I said, it was fixed when I reset the keyboard settings.

I don't know if I accidentally changed the keyboard settings or if the default does is not the same as the one set when you choose reset. But I suspect this is a bug when the action is not bound to left click.

Return to “Gameplay Help”