Logistic Bots Not Moving

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Stede
Inserter
Inserter

Logistic Bots Not Moving

Post by Stede »

Not sure what the deal is. The power situation is fine (now - I had some issues shortly before this all started, but they're resolved now). But these lil guys refuse to move, and the whole factory is slowing down. I can't sort it out, but I'm sure I've overlooked something somewhere. I did a quick search and came up empty - any ideas?

Linosaurus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Logistic Bots Not Moving

Post by Linosaurus »

You have a whole bunch of robots in a partial circle above each roboport. These guys are waiting around to charge. Each roboport can only charge a few robots at the same time (fairly low number, like under 10 iirc). If the closest roboport is full they'll go a little further if there's a free one, but not very far. Once you have hundreds of robots operating in a small area, you need to add lots more for them to recharge at.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

Linosaurus wrote:You have a whole bunch of robots in a partial circle above each roboport. These guys are waiting around to charge. Each roboport can only charge a few robots at the same time (fairly low number, like under 10 iirc). If the closest roboport is full they'll go a little further if there's a free one, but not very far. Once you have hundreds of robots operating in a small area, you need to add lots more for them to recharge at.
4 charging ports per roboport

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yeah it looks like they are all waiting to charge. Only 4 can charge at a roboport at once so when you get a large number of bots you need a lot more roboports.
The other possibility is that the roboports are full of bots so the ones outside can't fit in. This seems less likely though especially because bots carrying materials don't go inside the ports.
Image Image Image

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

On the left side of your bus, I would build some roboports right in the center. You should be able to use underground belt to create space for several of them. By the screen there you have a good number of bots but I only think I saw maybe 6 ports, Only 4 in that top left area that seems most crowded. Concentrate a half dozen more ports in your high concentration area and see if It doesn't improve overall.

Stede
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stede »

Thanks for the help, everyone! I guess I saw all these neat vids of Logistic Bots doing all kinds of awesome things and got carried away. I've nearly 1200 LogiBots, and while there are several Roboports off-screen, their density is all at the max connection interval.

I'll count this as a good lesson in the tradeoffs of LogiBots - what they're good for and what they're not good for.

creekz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by creekz »

Build clusters of roboports in high traffic areas.

Stede
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Stede »

I ended up dropping 6 more Roboports about 2/3 down the main bus. In addition, I cleaned up a lot of my high traffic industry that was using bots to deliver plates - I went ahead and swapped out for belts - without having to pick much of it up. I also dropped my LogiBot count from over 2000 to about 1200, and my Construction Bots from 1300 to about 800.

It turns out that having a requestor chest autofeeding bots into a roboport is not the best idea - the number of bots just got away from me, and I was really using them in some inefficient ways - I appreciate all the help! Factory is fixed :)

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

You can't have too many bots but you can have too few places to house them.

Return to “Gameplay Help”