Are there any limits to spawners?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
MobRules
Inserter
Inserter

Are there any limits to spawners?

Post by MobRules »

When attacking a base, does killing biters and spitters accomplish anything? Or will the spawners always spawn new ones as fast as you can kill them?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Are there any limits to spawners?

Post by DaveMcW »

Nope, you have to kill the spawner if you want to make any progress.

FMTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FMTK »

Killing them will beware you of being killed. No. 2: The more you kill, the more agressive / evolved the others get. If you can't deal with them AND the base, it doesn't make scence to attack. Research weaponry and armor before the next try. And when you destroy the base: Don't forget the victory pole! :D

StarFox31
Inserter
Inserter

Post by StarFox31 »

FMTK wrote:Killing them will beware you of being killed. No. 2: The more you kill, the more agressive / evolved the others get. If you can't deal with them AND the base, it doesn't make scence to attack. Research weaponry and armor before the next try. And when you destroy the base: Don't forget the victory pole! :D
You just putting a wooden power pole where it was lol?

silverkitty23
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by silverkitty23 »

Any structure you like. Wooden chests are cheap if you're near the woods. I use iron chests, but that was just a habit because I started in a desert and wood was more expensive to me than iron for a while.

Too much details: biters won't build new bases within 2 sectors (as the Radar calls them, they are called chunks internally) of a sector containing any of your buildings. If you pause the game, shift+space by default, it will show you the grid lines. The thicker lines are sector/chunk boundaries. Or you can "cheat" by hitting F4, going to the 'always' tab, and scrolling to near the bottom and checking off "show candidate expansion chunks" - then you get green circles on your map/mini-map showing where biters can expand to. Place buildings to make those disappear.

FMTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FMTK »

silverkitty23 wrote:Any structure you like. Wooden chests are cheap if you're near the woods. I use iron chests, but that was just a habit because I started in a desert and wood was more expensive to me than iron for a while.

Too much details: biters won't build new bases within 2 sectors (as the Radar calls them, they are called chunks internally) of a sector containing any of your buildings. If you pause the game, shift+space by default, it will show you the grid lines. The thicker lines are sector/chunk boundaries. Or you can "cheat" by hitting F4, going to the 'always' tab, and scrolling to near the bottom and checking off "show candidate expansion chunks" - then you get green circles on your map/mini-map showing where biters can expand to. Place buildings to make those disappear.
StarFox31 wrote:
FMTK wrote:Killing them will beware you of being killed. No. 2: The more you kill, the more agressive / evolved the others get. If you can't deal with them AND the base, it doesn't make scence to attack. Research weaponry and armor before the next try. And when you destroy the base: Don't forget the victory pole! :D
You just putting a wooden power pole where it was lol?
I just like it to look like a flag :P

MobRules
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MobRules »

Great info. Thanks, guys!

Return to “Gameplay Help”