Red & Green Wire Logistic network

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Vinocamp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Red & Green Wire Logistic network

Post by Vinocamp »

Sorry new to this game ....

Been looking at a lot of video's on how to green and red wire network.

I followed a few examples and I can seem to get it right... When all is connected to let say green wire and i select a smart inserter to give it a rule
It doesn't show as green logistic, It just show circuit network condition.

I used the following setup, thanks to collin murphy.... and it doesn't work. Tried to restart all the red and green wire , set the conditions,
not sure if i missed something or doing something wrong. also i'm using version 12.29

Can someone point me in the right direction to a real good step by step tutorial or anything

Thanks

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Red & Green Wire Logistic network

Post by Serenity »

There are no different networks as such. So it only says "circuit network". That's no error.

The thing that isn't really explained is that all green signals for one item type are added together. And all red signals for one item type are added together. But if you want signals for different items, you don't need different colors.

Vinocamp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vinocamp »

This is the setup i tried...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYpE8P4GFbA

Did exactly how he setup his factory... and i still did not get anything working..

Thansk
For the help in advance

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I think in 0.12, there is no more "red" and "green" networks, just one single network where you can read, compute, and write whatever you want. with one of the major added features of 0.12 : combinators.
However, all this is wayyyyy too complicated for me, so I advise you tou have a look at some helper topics with combinators ans stuff. I personnally only use the one smart chest > one smart inserter link and it's enough for my needs, so really can't help you.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

FMTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FMTK »

Koub wrote:I think in 0.12, there is no more "red" and "green" networks, just one single network where you can read, compute, and write whatever you want. with one of the major added features of 0.12 : combinators.
However, all this is wayyyyy too complicated for me, so I advise you tou have a look at some helper topics with combinators ans stuff. I personnally only use the one smart chest > one smart inserter link and it's enough for my needs, so really can't help you.
Can understand that :lol:

But: It's right: There are no different cable Networks anymore. The e.g. smart inserter combines all signals he's getting. So if you connect red and green cable Networks with let's say 100 copper each with a smart inserter, it has the Information, that 200 copper are in the Network. This layout in the Video doesn't work anymore. You need to cross-combine more decider combinators. ;)

Return to “Gameplay Help”