Compact designs?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Reviire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Compact designs?

Post by Reviire »

Hey, I'm still sorta new to Factorio, it's really fun though. My main issue is having compact and/or efficient designs, I feel like I have conveyors all over the place, so wanted to ask, what are your most compact designs for various productions? How do you setup your factories? What are tips for achieving this?

Here's mine, is it bad or good?
Anyway bedtime it's late.
Rip goat, more loli
Gizogin wrote:I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Compact designs?

Post by Xterminator »

To be honest that's actually really quite good. A lot more compact and organized than most my factories and I've been playing for like 2 years. Lol

A few tips or suggestions though. Putting copper cable on a belt to feed circuits is typically advice against because of throughput issues due to how fast you need them for the circuits and how many cables are produced per cycle, a belt won't be able to keep up after a certain point? Direct insertion is almost always best.

Also, you definitely don't need that many storage tanks for oil. Reducing those to like 1 for each product will help make things more compact.

Overall though I would say you've done a good job making things organized yet compact. Especially for a newer player. I wish I could of built factories like this from the beginning. Haha :p
Image Image Image

Reviire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Compact designs?

Post by Reviire »

Xterminator wrote:To be honest that's actually really quite good. A lot more compact and organized than most my factories and I've been playing for like 2 years. Lol

A few tips or suggestions though. Putting copper cable on a belt to feed circuits is typically advice against because of throughput issues due to how fast you need them for the circuits and how many cables are produced per cycle, a belt won't be able to keep up after a certain point? Direct insertion is almost always best.

Also, you definitely don't need that many storage tanks for oil. Reducing those to like 1 for each product will help make things more compact.

Overall though I would say you've done a good job making things organized yet compact. Especially for a newer player. I wish I could of built factories like this from the beginning. Haha :p
Well that's great, guess we'll need to work on getting that down. Friend of mine worked on all the liquids, I automated everything. One of my biggest problems is my ratio for everything is off, so I'm playing around in sandbox to try and make some compact production lines.
Rip goat, more loli
Gizogin wrote:I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Return to “Gameplay Help”