Main bus

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
kevinski120
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Main bus

Post by kevinski120 »

So I have come back to Factorio and started a new factory. Have done some initial research, got settled in and i have enough supplies to start my main base. Now I want to use the main bus to deliver items. I have a 4 wide belt for iron, copper and green circuits.

But now I am asking what should I put on my bus aswell. I have also planned for steel, plastic, red and blue circuits later when I get them. What should I add? Let me know if you have any suggestions. :D

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Main bus

Post by LazyLoneLion »

Maybe propane, sulfuric acid, water and lubricant.
Maybe batteries.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Plastic is not mandatory : there is very little need for plastic apart for red circuits.
Iron, Copper, Steel, Green, red and purple circuits, maybe coal (but this is not mandatory either). The rest can be produced on site.

However, you should also consider adding pipes in your main bus, with all the common fluids.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

Plastics can go up the red circuits and red circuits from there. That way plastics factories can stay with the refineries and you don't have to get into the main factory. Batteries seem like a good idea at some point since they are used pretty heavily.

You can maybe make two lines of additional stuff you might want to add later. But the main stuff should be copper and iron and half the belts of that of steel and green circuits.

It seems like a fluids bus is needed too. I hadn't fully realized that at first. You could produce sulfric acid on site if you belt in sulfur, but then you also need water. So at least water, lubricant and acid. Or you could do all of them and also produce some of them on site as needed. Probably the best idea. That way you can produce sulfur locally as needed. That's even more pipe to ground :s

EDIT:
After thinking about this some bit, I think I will try the following: 2 copper, 2 iron, 2 free, 1 green, 1 steel, 4 free, 7 pipe liquid bus

The liquid bus only needs to carry lube to the electric engine part. After that it can go away. If any more lube should be needed, it can be produced on site from the heavy oil. The four free spaces can be used to run some belt a bit further up if needed. But not all the way. It also leaves room for robo ports, power poles and just free space to walk.

Return to “Gameplay Help”