Do biters attack solar power units?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
HerrJoebob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Do biters attack solar power units?

Post by HerrJoebob »

As the title says... I always have trouble defending a large enough open area to contain my solar farms (I can do it but it's really boring until you get logistics and exoskeletons in late game). So I'd like to build the solar stuff outside the walls of the factory proper. Will biters prioritize those buildings, or will they always go for the pollution creating things inside the fort?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Do biters attack solar power units?

Post by ssilk »

As long as they can do their job (walking to the main pollution) they won't harm your solar field.

In other words: let them space, that they can walk and you may will have only small looses.
Watch their patches. In the debug mode you can turn on the paths. Keep them as free as possible,
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ray4ever
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ray4ever »

How do you enter the debug mode?
So biters will always try to reach the power plant and maybe the smelters/assembly machines but not much else?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Keyboard-options. By default F5-F7. Pretty self explaining, play some minutes around with it, it's sometimes very useful, for example I use it to count the number of tiles before the train stop, to place my first inserter. And meanwhile I try to organize in chunks (the thicker lines, 32x32 tiles), because that leaves enough room for other things between sub-factories, like roboports, enough place to drive, etc.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SilverWarior »

You can also use F4 key to select individual debug information you wish to be shown for each of debug report or which information is always shown.
NOTE: If you have low screen information Debug configuration UI won't be shown entirely (some entries will be hidden at the bottom). Man I wish I have monitor with higher resolution.

Return to “Gameplay Help”