Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Sigor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by Sigor »

I'm in peaceful mode. Can an alien attack be triggered by pollution?

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

no
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

elsasha
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by elsasha »

Hello everyone I want to ask if someone has the way to eliminate the resources that I do not need, like iron, copper, and other bob mod, etc. Is that I'm making a base and I'm building on resources that I'm not going to mine, and I wanted to know if there is any way to remove them, I've already tried in several ways but without success!

Thank you so much!

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

elsasha wrote:Hello everyone I want to ask if someone has the way to eliminate the resources that I do not need, like iron, copper, and other bob mod, etc. Is that I'm making a base and I'm building on resources that I'm not going to mine, and I wanted to know if there is any way to remove them, I've already tried in several ways but without success!

Thank you so much!
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/tergiver/ore-eraser So long as you don't mind using mods, this is exactly what you need!
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

elsasha
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by elsasha »

Ghoulish wrote:
elsasha wrote:Hello everyone I want to ask if someone has the way to eliminate the resources that I do not need, like iron, copper, and other bob mod, etc. Is that I'm making a base and I'm building on resources that I'm not going to mine, and I wanted to know if there is any way to remove them, I've already tried in several ways but without success!

Thank you so much!
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/tergiver/ore-eraser So long as you don't mind using mods, this is exactly what you need!
Thanks Youuu !!!!!

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

What's the correct way to signal one track spilting into two station tracks? I've got a chain signal before the split and normal signals on the 2 stations tracks, in 0.13.18 it worked 99% of the time but now in 0.14.21, if both stations are full and a train is waitying at the chain signal when one station becomes free the train waiting at the chain signal won't move until the other station frees up as well, but I think it should move when the first station becomes free.
Attachments
signals problem.png
signals problem.png (4.17 MiB) Viewed 5806 times

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

spinba11 wrote:What's the correct way to signal one track spilting into two station tracks? I've got a chain signal before the split and normal signals on the 2 stations tracks, in 0.13.18 it worked 99% of the time but now in 0.14.21, if both stations are full and a train is waitying at the chain signal when one station becomes free the train waiting at the chain signal won't move until the other station frees up as well, but I think it should move when the first station becomes free.
The train waiting at the chain signal (as per your example) will only occasionally retry to find a new route (it's around every 30 seconds).

That's why it does not immediately see that one of the stations is now free (it has already calculated a path and won't change its mind until a certain amount if time has passed).

There's really not much you can do about this in the current version of Factorio.

(Also in your screenshot you created some short additional blocks in front of each station that won't really do you much good because they don't even fit a train (the top one might but it's not really helping there).
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

The extra blocks allows the the waiting train to start moving as soon as the train in the station starts moving which allows the train to get into the station faster.

Kormer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kormer »

Is there a way that you can slow down handcrafting? I don't like the no handcrafting mod eliminating it entirely and instead I'd like a mod that just makes it more painful, but still available for that odd recipe that doesn't have a factory yet.

I've tried the commands below and while the game accepts them, they don't appear to have an effect. Using values greater than 1 do increase crafting speed as expected.

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.manual_crafting_speed_modifier = .1
/c game.player.print(game.player.force.manual_crafting_speed_modifier)

MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MalcolmCooks »

when show_enemy_expansion_candidate_chunks is enabled, what does the colour gradient from green to red mean? is red more likely or less likely for biters to expand to?

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Green means a high possibility/chance of that circle being the next expansion candidate, red means low.

If you click on the debug heading just above show_enemy_expansion_candidate_chunks ("show_enemy_expansion_candidate_chunk_values", I think) you'll get a number in each circle as well, with 1.000 being the highest possible, and 0 being the lowest.

Nucleus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nucleus »

Hi,
If i hover over a machine which needs energy i can see "Energy Consumption" and "Drain", where is the difference between them? My Rocket Silo has 16 MW Energy Consumption :shock: but even if its working the drain is only 8,4 kW.
Last edited by Nucleus on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Drain refers to the idle power drain of a machine, meaning the power consumption that the machine uses while it is not in use. Energy Consumption refers to the energy the machine uses while in use.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Nucleus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nucleus »

Ok thank you, i got a second question:
The Assembling Machine 2 Produces 2.4 Pollution. One Productivity Module (+5) let them increase to 3.528. How does this get Calculated?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

The amount of pollution generated is relative to the amount of power the machine uses. For example, a machine with 100% power increase will see 100% pollution increase. In the case of a Productivity Module, it increases power consumption by 50% so pollution goes up by 50% too.

This is why Efficiency Modules are so good, reducing the power consumption of a machine to 80% not only means you need to produce 80% less power from it (less pollution there) but it is also generating 80% less pollution itself. Filling your base with efficiency modules, especially furnaces, means you need minimal power supply and you almost never get attacked.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Nucleus wrote:Hi,
If i hover over a machine which needs energy i can see "Energy Consumption" and "Drain", where is the difference between them? My Rocket Silo has 16 MW Energy Consumption :shock: but even if its working the drain is only 8,4 kW.
The rocket silo is a special case when it comes to energy consumption, it has three different power states:
  • 8.4 kW - Power drain while idle
  • 250 kW - Power usage while crafting a rocket part
  • 4 MW - Power usage while deploying the rocket and while launching it
Most of the time you'll be idle or crafting, but the GUI does list the energy consumption as 4.0 MW because that is its maximum energy consumption. If you use 4x Productivity 3 modules it quadruples the energy usage, which is then 16 MW and 1 MW, the idle drain stays at 8.4 kW.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Nucleus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nucleus »

Deadly-Bagel wrote:The amount of pollution generated is relative to the amount of power the machine uses. For example, a machine with 100% power increase will see 100% pollution increase. In the case of a Productivity Module, it increases power consumption by 50% so pollution goes up by 50% too.

This is why Efficiency Modules are so good, reducing the power consumption of a machine to 80% not only means you need to produce 80% less power from it (less pollution there) but it is also generating 80% less pollution itself. Filling your base with efficiency modules, especially furnaces, means you need minimal power supply and you almost never get attacked.
okay, thank you, that explains why i dont get often attacked by Aliens, in the most machines are efficiency modules for reducing the energy costs.

@daniel34
Thnx didnt know that special case. just wondering why this doesnt kill my energy network. After the rocket is finish i will put Efficiency upgrades in it.

Maybe the German translation should be changed in this case. "Drain" is Translated to "Verbrauch" which sounds for me like "actual consuming". And "Energy consumption" is translated to "Max. energy consumption" maybe "Min. Verbrauch" is a better choice for "Drain" to avoid confusion.

thnx for you help :)

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

is there a shortcut to deploy all bots or capsules in hand at once?
Currently i can only deploy one after one.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

c0bRa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by c0bRa »

Simple Question...

When I give 2-x Train station equal names, do the trains go to all of the same named stations for random or do they always go to the nearest station from their actual position?

background: I want to make more than 1 smelting stations and would now know if i have to numberize them or i can do 2-x "[Copper Ore] Unload"-Stations and all will be filled...

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

c0bRa wrote:Simple Question...

When I give 2-x Train station equal names, do the trains go to all of the same named stations for random or do they always go to the nearest station from their actual position?

background: I want to make more than 1 smelting stations and would now know if i have to numberize them or i can do 2-x "[Copper Ore] Unload"-Stations and all will be filled...
Trains go to the "nearest" station. Other trains however change the "distances" calculated.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Return to “Gameplay Help”