Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
AceMcCloud
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by AceMcCloud »

Are there standard tactics for killing nest areas? If I get an artillery turret within auto range, will that do it?

Nemac
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nemac »

I like remote controlled Spidertrons. U can build multiple, set them to follow one and controll the one to get more firepower.
or manuel controlled artillery turrets. the range for autofire is some short.

new question: someone got a blueprint for a 2 Rail Crossing (right side drive)
Found a T from Nilaus (https://factoriobin.com/post/Y52EhJ74/16) but no X :( Found some older X but the Links are to Pasepin are gone :(
I cant get the signals working if i try from scratch :(

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

Nemac wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:12 am
new question: someone got a blueprint for a 2 Rail Crossing (right side drive)
Found a T from Nilaus (https://factoriobin.com/post/Y52EhJ74/16) but no X :( Found some older X but the Links are to Pasepin are gone :(
I cant get the signals working if i try from scratch :(
if you haven't found out by now there is this thread where you have many : viewtopic.php?t=100614

PreKopLiX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PreKopLiX »

Hello boyz & girlz !

I still consider myself as a beginner so I would ask a simple question. I am using Factory Helmod but I still don't understand what the number under the buildings mean. I will explain. When I need for example 2.41 buildings for factory, does it mean I need 2 or 3 buildings ? Is it the same, rounding like in math ? x<2.50 = 2 buildings ? x>2.50 = 3 buildings ? Same for inserters, if I need 2.3 for example does it mean I need 2 or 3 ?

Thank you for you help,
love this game and this community <3

KopLiX

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

I do not use that mod, but a little bit of logic here.

If you need the output of 2.3 assembly machines, then 2 will not cut it and you need the third. You may not be using them all to the fullest but you need all three. The same applies to all other machines, round up!

PreKopLiX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PreKopLiX »

astroshak wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:33 pm
I do not use that mod, but a little bit of logic here.

If you need the output of 2.3 assembly machines, then 2 will not cut it and you need the third. You may not be using them all to the fullest but you need all three. The same applies to all other machines, round up!
Thank you for your answer :)

Premu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Premu »

In creative mode you can add infinity chests and those loaders via the console.

I think there's also a counter part to the loader which puts a full belt into a chest - but how it is called so I can create it via console command?

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

Loaders can be used to unload a box (machine, chest, cargo wagon if enabled, etc.) or to load it. Usually you place it and they default to the belt moving out (it is trying to unload). Mousing over it and pressing R should “rotate” its belt so it is loading instead of unloading.

That said, I don’t know the console command you are looking for. I don’t really know anything about the console.

Premu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Premu »

astroshak wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:01 pm
Loaders can be used to unload a box (machine, chest, cargo wagon if enabled, etc.) or to load it. Usually you place it and they default to the belt moving out (it is trying to unload). Mousing over it and pressing R should “rotate” its belt so it is loading instead of unloading.

That said, I don’t know the console command you are looking for. I don’t really know anything about the console.
Unfortunately, that doesn't work. The loader has a belt end, and that won't feed into a chest:

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

You have the loaders the wrong way. If you thoroughly inspect a single loader, you notice a tiny part of a belt at one side. This side must connect to your belt. Place the loader accordingly, then use "R" to reverse the direction of the loader if necessary.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

If I use loaders, I use the Miniloaders mod (bear in mind that loaders are not available in a purely vanilla game). Miniloaders are smart enough that if you place a belt going into the belt end, it loads the box. Otherwise, it unloads the box. Quite nice. I do not know if other loaders have that functionality, thus the directions I gave in my previous post.

Premu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Premu »

Tertius wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:23 pm
You have the loaders the wrong way. If you thoroughly inspect a single loader, you notice a tiny part of a belt at one side. This side must connect to your belt. Place the loader accordingly, then use "R" to reverse the direction of the loader if necessary.
Ah, I rotated them before placing them, which always moves the belt part as well. Not after placing them in seemingly the wrong direction. Thanks, it works now.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Some time ago, the behaviour of underground belts was changed, must be pretty recent, I'd say last year.
They now forcefully change direction, and you can not have two underground belts facing eachother terminating.
Can this behavoiur be reverted via settings?
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

aka13 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:33 am
Some time ago, the behaviour of underground belts was changed, must be pretty recent, I'd say last year.
They now forcefully change direction, and you can not have two underground belts facing eachother terminating.
I don't think so, but are you sure it was recent? And in what situation is it problematic?

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

SoShootMe wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:52 pm
aka13 wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:33 am
I don't think so, but are you sure it was recent? And in what situation is it problematic?
Tbh I am not sure, if it was recent or not, but I noticed it recently.
Propably at the same time when the ghost behavior got changed? That also annopys me deeply, that the underground belt flips in the cursor, when building ghosts.
Used to be that in manual building it would change direction, but in ghost mode it stayed the same.

I'll make screenshots later, too lazy to do so now, to illustrate what I am complaining about in the original complaint.

disentius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by disentius »

it works like it always did?
Attachments
facing undergrounds.png
facing undergrounds.png (70.29 KiB) Viewed 1879 times

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

That is curious. Must be someething related to SE then? I started noticing it only after starting the current SE run.
I'll have to do the whole "disable half, see who is responsible" charade, I guess.
Thank you very much for checking.

vvildfire
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by vvildfire »

I'm having a small issue with coloured wire connections. I would like to set these inserters to only insert if the train has less than a certain threshold of items in its storage, but to do that, I need to connect them to the train station with coloured wires. However, the top inserter is too far away to connect in this way. Is there any way to extend the range of the coloured wires so I can connect them to the station?
wirereachproblem.png
wirereachproblem.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1608 times

picklock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by picklock »

You can connect the train station with the first inserter, the first inserter with the second and the second with the third. The signal from the train station will be passed through.
My Mods: Picklocks Fusion Power | Picklocks Inserter | Picklocks Lithium Polymer Accumulator | Picklocks rocket silo stats | Picklocks Set Inventory Filters

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

As picklock said, and/or you can use power poles.

Return to “Gameplay Help”