Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
mmmPI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by mmmPI » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:19 pm

RickJS wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 pm
My latest mod additions are Orbital Ion Cannon, The Fat Controller, Air Filtering, Noxy's Waterfill, Dectorio, Bio Industries, and Robot Army. Are any of these known to be problematic?
I would try those in this order Orbital Ion Cannon, The Fat Controller,, Fat Controller has a remote view options it says to leave this mode with your character before removing the mod. Orbital Ion Cannon, i would look at the custom mod hotkeys, maybe an overide on the default hotkey, there are 2 different to zoom in while in map view.

RickJS
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RickJS » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:23 pm

mmmPI wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:19 pm
RickJS wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:07 pm
My latest mod additions are Orbital Ion Cannon, The Fat Controller, Air Filtering, Noxy's Waterfill, Dectorio, Bio Industries, and Robot Army. Are any of these known to be problematic?
I would try those in this order Orbital Ion Cannon, The Fat Controller,, Fat Controller has a remote view options it says to leave this mode with your character before removing the mod. Orbital Ion Cannon, i would look at the custom mod hotkeys, maybe an overide on the default hotkey, there are 2 different to zoom in while in map view.
Ah, that was a pilot error. I forgot there was a separate command for zoom into world, in a separate section of the controls. I had forgotten to bind a key for that.

mmmPI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mmmPI » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:34 pm

RickJS wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:23 pm
Ah, that was a pilot error. I forgot there was a separate command for zoom into world, in a separate section of the controls. I had forgotten to bind a key for that.
you can bind both to mouse3 and use the wheel in world view and map view i think i set up long time ago.

When you don't use qwerty keyboard your custom binding can be messed up by a mod new hotkey that was my explanation at the time it happened to me that it stopped working one day.

RickJS
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RickJS » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:48 pm

Thanks for your assistance. The alerts issue no longer looks like a simple issue, and I posted it to Gameplay Help, with more data.

JakubW
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JakubW » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:43 pm

Ghoulish wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:15 am
The Linux version of Factorio can fork the game save process and do it in the background whilst you play on. Does this also happen with Linux headless? I assume it would, but wanted to check.
Yes, it can, but you have to enable it in server-settings.json file.
It's called "non_blocking_saving" and you have to set it to true

Return to “Gameplay Help”