for some reason my refinery is not working. any ideas why ?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Dougalishere
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

for some reason my refinery is not working. any ideas why ?

Post by Dougalishere »

Hello, at some point my refineries stopped working because I hadnt realised the light/heavy oil was backed up in my storage areas , i fixed that by just making solid fuel to get rid of the excess. But now for some reason the gas out put is reading 01-0.2 bascially not making any petrol at all, here is a screenie the light and heavy outputs are reading at 8-10 wich is why im so confused . :( also the refineries seem to be working non stop with no delay so that isnt the problem

http://prntscr.com/amer0d

I really can not see any reason for this and now evrything has crawled to a halt as I cant make acid/batteries/plastic etc ...

If anyone can see why this is happening and could point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful, if you need any more info or more screenies please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Dougal.

EDIT: just to add more info that i thought might help

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: for some reason my refinery is not working. any ideas why ?

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

You have to store or keep using all the fluids and products coming out of your oil system. Oil production slows drastically in a short time but it never completely stops so you might want to add some productivity modules to your oil wells. Check to see if some of the products your making out of one of your oil branches might need steel or copper or something. Sometimes you have to add products to keep things moving. Also, everything needs a place to go. If you're making sulphur, you need a chest to put the sulphur in.

Dougalishere
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dougalishere »

my sulpher is being turned into acid atm , and piped down the line for batteries , like i say im storing my light and heavy oils , but when i realised refinery production stops when storgae is full im just making some solid fuels to burn off the excess that was the reason evrything stopped in the 1st place, the rest of my supply chains are all in full and good working order , i have managed to "solve" the problem by sticking a pump on the outflow of my petrol storage so the rest of my factory is getting what it needs , but it seems like a short term fix. What is confusing me is the huge pressure drop coming right of the refineries even tho light and heavy is high still .

I will add some modules to my wells to see how that goes, thx a lot for your response :)

twepy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by twepy »

Its hard to tell from a screenshot, but my guess why the petroleum gas pipes stays pretty much empty is that the available gas is almost instantaneous used by the consumers. If you check one them are they running nonstop? If not, your refineries are the bottleneck, they are producing to slow. My best advice is to research advanced oil processing as soon as possible for two reasons, one the advanced processing produces more petroleum gas and less heavy oil and two oil cracking becomes available so u could turn some of the heavy and light oil into petroleum gas.

Dougalishere
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dougalishere »

WOW somehow I didnt even see the advanced oil processing , thats great, thanks so much, im guessing im just using the gas instantly, my plastics production is non stop but im not really making that much atm anyways , only enough for blue science.

So the advanced proccessing has made quite the difference its gone from 0-2 to 5.5-6 , and im getting extra gas from cracking now as well, thanks so much for your help man :D

Return to “Gameplay Help”