Problem with trains.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
2Zons
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Problem with trains.

Post by 2Zons »

I just started using trains. I've watched the tutorials. I understand all the basics, blocks, stations, repeater signals etc. For some reason my trains are getting "No Path" errors.

My setup is very simple 2 separate lines that cross each other. Funny thing is trains on both lines work fine but as soon as I put any signals on the intersection I get the "No Path". All the signals on the intersection show green but it breaks path somehow. I have no idea. Here is a screenshot:

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Problem with trains.

Post by DaveMcW »

You forgot to use double signals at the intersection.

2Zons
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 2Zons »

I got it to work by moving the signals at the intersection further away from the intersection. What do you mean by double signals?

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

You need a signal on each side of the track. Signals on a different track at the intersection do not count.

twepy
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by twepy »

If a signal is placed one side of the track its telling the trains that particular block is one way, by placing signals at both sides of the track it declares the block two way. Automated trains will not go against a one way direction and if there is not alternate path to the station it will stop with the no path error. In your screenshot are all the blocks leading to the intersection one way in the direction of the intersection, the solution is placing making the blocks two way. To avoid deadlocks the signal in front of the intersection should be a chain signal and after the intersection a normal signal, repeat this for all four directions and u should end up with a intersection like this (Green = normal signal, yellow = chain signal).

2Zons
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 2Zons »

I see what I was doing wrong now, thanks everyone.

Return to “Gameplay Help”