Exoskeleton

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Exoskeleton

Post by Mauslag PIngman »

Okay, I have an exoskeleton and batteries and MK2 batteries installed and also I think a personal laser. How do I turn it on? I put on the power armor but I don't see any result.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Exoskeleton

Post by Ghoulish »

Right click the Armor Icon (once your wearing it) Armor icon bottom right of screen.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Add a fusion reactor. (Or portable solar panels if you like to spend 90% of your time recharging.)

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

When I'm wearing the exoskeleton will my character look different because I don't see any difference? I don't feel like I'm moving faster or carrying big loads. I've got the portable fusion reactor placed on the power armor's screen with some batteries. The personal laser defense is red. I'm also wearing the portable roboport but all I've created so far is logistic robots. I don't think those fit in. My personal logistic system has so far brought me one item in about one hour after requesting 100 of the item.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Can you post us a screenshot of your power armor layout ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Mauslag PIngman
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

My screenshots on steam aren't working now and I can't figure it out. Its supposed to play a sound and it doesn't. i don't have twitter, not really or any of those imaging sites or even a printer.

Anyhow, it turns out I don't have the MK2 armor yet. I have the armor before that and I don't think the exoskeleton is going to work with that but I could be wrong. Now I'm trying to build the MK2 armor but wondering if its worth it because my production of the blue circuit boards is really slow because I haven't learned how to use those counter things and smart chests with red and green wires.

I do have flying robots though. Thank God for flying robots. That was a real victory. They don't act right though so I think I better fix my production line so that I have something making wires feeding into the thing making circuits which then feeds the red circuit machine and so on and so forth. Right now I have circuit building machines scattered over miles of terrain and most of them are idle or feeding my coal lines which then choke on gears and seize up but I have researched the rocket launch pad and I am looking at setting up a concrete or cement production line except that everytime I drive somewhere to pick something up I forget what I was going there for and then I can't think of anything useful to pick up so I just drive around crashing into my own facilities and storage chests.

Did I mention the trains? I built a train track with loco and cars but I have to drive it around myself. I'd set up the signals but they don't make much sense to me and I don't speak NerCzeklish like most all the factorio enthusiasts. I tried watching some of the instructional videos on the youtube but mostly those guys are overexcited and they don't know how to draw or show a short, simple film with just a few pieces and detail or explain terms. Mostly they just keep saying you can do this and you can do that and its simple and then they point at a hundred different things with their mouse cursor and act like they're making sense.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Exoskeletons work with modular armor MK1. You just can't pu as many as in MK2.

For trains : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZiL7_vfJtQ
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

Mauslag PIngman wrote:
Did I mention the trains?
Few small tips:

Stations and signals always have to be on the right of the track relative to the front of the train

Chain signals "look ahead" to the next signal and mirror it's condition. So chain signals should be used on the last section of track before a junction, so the train wont go forward unless it can get out the other side without stopping.

You can name all your Iron Ore drops etc in your main base the same, this way if a train is already using one Iron Ore drop off, it'll automatically go to the next one.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Return to “Gameplay Help”