The new hope part 3. No computers in sight.

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Plop and run
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

The new hope part 3. No computers in sight.

Post by Plop and run »

So I've finally destroyed the bloody alien base only to find that someone already completed that mission.
Jokes aside, it seems the computer did not generate for me. What can I do?
It was a pain to win the first time, I'd rather not repeat the mission.
Should I upload my save as well? (Edit: stupid question)
Attachments
Mission.zip
(907.39 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
New hope 3.png
New hope 3.png (1014.53 KiB) Viewed 10797 times
Black blood of the factory

Plop and run
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: The new hope part 3. No computers in sight.

Post by Plop and run »

Nevermind. Restarted and ninjad both wreckages using my awesome car; 25 secs total.
Devs might want to fix this though. Like not allow to win while being attacked or something.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Why not?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Plop and run
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Plop and run »

Why not what? Why not allow players to ninja chests? Because it is inconsistent with the story.

I had ~50 biters chewing me when picked up the computer. COMPUTER, not a plutonium plasma shotgun. There was no way for me to survive. And yet I found myself safe moments later (in the next mission). Note that snatching the computer, then run away and kill all the chasers I would consider a legit thing.
Just imagine Marvel did something like this in their comics. That's why.
Anyway, I'm not participating in further holy war if any.

CherryKiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CherryKiss »

Hello! Just wanted to chime in to say I had the same problem occur, and while I did not cheese my way through the mission the second time around, I did discover what happened the first time that made it impossible for me to win.

Very probably, like me, you chose to use all those awesome defender robots to wreak havoc on the big SE base. While running through the second time around, I saw my lovely defenders destroy a little spaceship in the very SE corner of the map. Guess what? The computer was inside it. I did not see the ship get destroyed the first time, which is why I faced the problem of having cleared the map without being able to finish the level.

They need to either make the ship wrecks indestructable, or they need to make destroying the computer a fail condition for the map, so at least you know you failed and have to restart.

Anyway, the second time around when I saw one of my defenders destroy the ship, I realized I just needed to be more careful with my warbots around the ship, and I was then able to wipe out the SE base without destroying the win-condition computer. Hope this helps someone else who gets lost on that mission.

Kudos for winning by suicide computer snatch drive by...funny I didn't think of that as a possibility...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I'm sorry for the trouble, it will be fixed in the 0.9 by making the wreck indestructible.
When you are stuck, you can just copy paste this into the console (opened by ~) to get the computer.

Code: Select all

game.player.insert{name="computer", count=1}

CherryKiss
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CherryKiss »

kovarex wrote:Hello, I'm sorry for the trouble, it will be fixed in the 0.9 by making the wreck indestructible.
Very cool, thanks! Love a forum that the devs actually talk in too, that is awesome!

syneris
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by syneris »

I killed everything and picked up the computer. Nothing happened and the mission won't complete or progress.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hello, you need to open the wreckage in the top part (You are supposed to open it in the start).

syneris
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by syneris »

kovarex wrote:Hello, you need to open the wreckage in the top part (You are supposed to open it in the start).
Thanks. I had looted it with control+click to loot all instead of right-clicking to open the wreckage.

Return to “Gameplay Help”