Upgrade/Downgrade belts using blueprints

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
ShizukaMiyuki
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Upgrade/Downgrade belts using blueprints

Post by ShizukaMiyuki »

Okay I swear this isn't in the game yet, so can we make it so that we're allowed to replace upgrade/downgrade belts using blueprints? because whenever you try to deconstruct a belt with resources on it, it automatically fills your inventory, with this it would be much easier and less tedious.
Meow, Meow, Meooooow....

Krayt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Upgrade/Downgrade belts using blueprints

Post by Krayt »

hmm ... at least transport belts are in the following fast_replacable_group:

Code: Select all

fast_replaceable_group = "transport-belt"
I just tried replacing a regular transport belt loaded with items with a fast transport belt manually and all items stayed at the same location on this transport belt.
Using blueprints i didn't test it.

ShizukaMiyuki
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShizukaMiyuki »

Krayt wrote:hmm ... at least transport belts are in the following fast_replacable_group:

Code: Select all

fast_replaceable_group = "transport-belt"
I just tried replacing a regular transport belt loaded with items with a fast transport belt manually and all items stayed at the same location on this transport belt.
Using blueprints i didn't test it.
I know about manually replacing them, but what I want is to replace them using blue prints, currently you can't do this, I tried, even while pressing shift/space/ctrl, most buttons on a qwerty keyboard, but none allowed me to do it, for it to be automated, it has to deconstruct and then place the items, sometimes filling up your inventory with useless garbage, I know storage chest can help with this, but why would you want to put thousands of iron plates and copper plates on a chest never to be used again because no chest requests for them because the items are already placed along a bus of conveyor belts.
Meow, Meow, Meooooow....

Hakusho
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Hakusho »

This is not exactly what you are looking for, but might also adress your problem/idea.
link [Upgrade Planner]

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

ShizukaMiyuki wrote:I know about manually replacing them, but what I want is to replace them using blue prints, currently you can't do this, I tried, even while pressing shift/space/ctrl, most buttons on a qwerty keyboard, but none allowed me to do it, for it to be automated, it has to deconstruct and then place the items, sometimes filling up your inventory with useless garbage, I know storage chest can help with this, but why would you want to put thousands of iron plates and copper plates on a chest never to be used again because no chest requests for them because the items are already placed along a bus of conveyor belts.
You need to destruct first, before you can overwrite existing structures by blueprint. Or using the above mentioned upgrade planner.

This thread is not a suggestion, it's a gameplay question, moved.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Gameplay Help”