The mess of wiring

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
supagu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

The mess of wiring

Post by supagu »

I'm working in what I would consider a simple setup with wiring, trying to get each factory to pull out of each smart container by using a smart inserted the parts it needs to constructs its own parts.

Now the problem is, how do I debug this mess of cabling when a friend jumps in to help me, or if i come back to the game in 6 months and try to work out what I've done? This is really ugly! is there a batter way to run cables besides having to run them along power cables?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The mess of wiring

Post by daniel34 »

Moved to Gameplay Help.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Tenebrais
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tenebrais »

Novel idea for a low-belt factory here.

You don't need anywhere near that many pylons. I don't know how exactly you've got your wiring set up, but I'd use red wires for "products in need" and green wires for "products requested" (or vice versa) and let all those networks hook up to each other. Have a simple row of (possibly steel?) pylons hooked up with red and green wires, connecting all the chests and combinators on one colour and all the combinators and inserters in the other.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

While ago in old versions we had also mess with wires. It was optimized and worked quite well but now mess came back. Maybe it's a bug.

Return to “Gameplay Help”