Console Command List?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Console Command List?

Post by malokin »

TAKE 2
Is there a command line reference list somewhere with flags and syntax listed? I imagine this must have been covered in the past but i couldnt find it anywhere, does the wiki have a list of them and if not then it should?
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Console Command List?

Post by FreeER »

There is not, currently, a list of commands that you would use at a console (cmd, linux/osx terminal) if that is what you mean (and I think it is). As for in game console practically everything is at the wiki (if it's not on the wiki it's only because we haven't noticed it missing).

Mainly because there aren't very many and those that do exist are for debug uses, and/or buggy still. I believe there is a map2scenario (or something like that) but it's the only one I can remember seeing mentioned anywhere (except for cube's reference to the updater command, no idea what that actually is though).

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Just to make sure, the list is here, sorted by the object type.
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... ua_objects

malokin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malokin »

Yeah, i always mess up the names of similar ideas in programming and computer graphics. I need to stop using words like "aliasing" trying to tell people how to take a round shape and apply it to a squared grid with math, i'm just embarrassing myself. I appreciate your not gonna hand me the keys to the dark side of the game's code, but a girl can dream. Thanks again guys!
-- CENSORED SIGNATURE --

Ardagan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ardagan »

Am I right that console commands are just part of LUA code?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The console is a LUA interpreter. You can type in whole programs, functions...
It's literally the same as the java-script console in your browser (every browser has it, maybe you need to install a plugin/addon ...)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Gameplay Help”