mods help

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Zortoch
Inserter
Inserter

mods help

Post by Zortoch »

I would like to know if curse gaming is a good place to get mods for factorio or is there osme better place to DL them from?

Zortoch and the girls

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: mods help

Post by Peter34 »

These forums are probably the best place. They're a bit tricksy to navigate, because of all the sub-forums and sub-sub-forums for mods, but Ssilk is doing the best job that can be done.

Zortoch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zortoch »

OK, I downloaded bob's metals chemicals and intermediate. The mod is in my game but it is written in red , so i'm thinking that this is not working.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Zortoch and the girls

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

All of bobs mods require bobs library. You need to install that too.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yup, these forums are definitely the best place I would say. It can take a while sift through everything, but that is part of the fun in my opinion. :p

As for Bobs Mods, what MrDoomah said is correct. For future reference, if a mod is listed in red it means it has a dependency with another mod, meaning it won't work without it. In this case it needs Bobs Library module. Most standalone smaller mods don't require any other mods to work, but big ones like Bobs or Dytech do. Usually it will say what it requires to work.
Image Image Image

Zortoch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zortoch »

MrDoomah wrote:All of bobs mods require bobs library. You need to install that too.

Thank you for the help, would you please tell me where i can download bob's Library from, the site i have doesn't have it

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

Bob's mods downloads can be found in his forum thread: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 51&t=13919

Zortoch
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zortoch »

TYSM for your help Mrdoomah. I down loaded bob's Library from the link you gave , unfortunately that also is in red . I'm thinking i have to finish at least one game completely for all these goodies to work, honestly I really don't know.On a different subject, I finished all my Christmas shopping and I still have money left! wow!

Zortoch and the girls

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

in the mod description you can find out which mod is needed.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

MrDoomah
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDoomah »

You can try deleting the version of bob's mods you have right now, and download them again from the link I gave you.
Since you downloaded them from an external website, there is no guarantee that you have the right version. Downloading the mods from this forum means you always have the version you're intended to have.

Also, text in red (on your load games page) means that the mod in red text was loaded, but isn't anymore. This can be due to missing requirements or because you've downloaded a new version. (eg. if you downloaded mod version 1.0.0 and upgrade to mod version 1.0.1, it will show mod version 1.0.0 in red, even though you have the mod installed.)

Return to “Gameplay Help”