best difficulty settings

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
dakenho
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

best difficulty settings

Post by dakenho »

I was curious what you all felt the bets difficulty settings for the game is
here is the problem I run into
low difficulty(low alien/alien base density) but with low minerals/low density: to easy, lots of running around
default setting :to easy
high enemy difficulty, low minerals density: not enough resources/ impossible.
high enemy difficulty, high minerals/density: you never really need to move or acquire new space and can turtle, till you win, its slow but doable.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: best difficulty settings

Post by ssilk »

Moved from General to Gameplay Help.

You may have a look at this: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... _generator
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

To be honest I think it kind of depends on your playstyle and plans. Personally I find default settings on everything to usually be fairly good. It provides a bit of a challenge with the Biters, but also enough resources so it isn't near you impossible but also not too much that you never have to expand to look for more.

If you just want to build and do Factory stuff, then turning the biters down a notch might be good. But if you like a challenge and the fighting aspect of the game, then turn their settings up a notch.
As for resource settings, again I think it depends on your plans and play style. If you build big bases and consume resources pretty quickly, I still default resource settings are fairly good. But if you tend to build small and slow, you might find default settings to be too many resources, so turn em down a notch. Just experiment and see what works.

Also, maybe consider checking out RSO (resource spawned overhaul) mod, a lot of people prefer using that to help spread things out and stuff.
Image Image Image

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

I also found the default game to be too easy, not giving real reason to use outposts and not having any combat challenge.

My previous game used the RSO (and FARL), which I think really adds something to the game.

I'm currently playing with natural evolution (and supreme warfare), and I got creamed the first time around. I've now reached laser turrets and these are still quite succesful, but the amount of biter nests around me is quite scary, and they have much higher hit points so are quite difficult to eradicate.

Return to “Gameplay Help”