Different Logistics Network

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Peacem4ker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Different Logistics Network

Post by Peacem4ker »

Hey!

I play factorio now for about 1.5 months. Now I want to try to build a new Factory. Before I do what I think about, I have one question: Is it possible to have different Logistic Networks? So let's say, I place two Roboports and the Logistics range won't overlap. I put like 50 LogRobots in the first one and 50 in the second one. Will they stay in the one, I put them in? Or would they leave to the other if they don't have anything to do in their own? I know, that they won't transport anything from one Network to the other, but will they change their network?

And if yes, is it enough, to only not let the LogRange not overlap? Or do the ConstructionRanges be seperated aswell?

Thanks for your help :)

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Different Logistics Network

Post by Xterminator »

To answer your question, no they won't go into the other network. As long roboport aren't connected via the yellow dotted line they are considered separate networks.
You have to make sure nor to connect any ports from network A to network B though. Cause even if one roboport in network B becomes connect to network A then anything else connected to those will become one network.

Hope this helped :)
Image Image Image

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Different Logistics Network

Post by ssilk »

It works generally like the electric power network. With one pole more or less you can connect two networks or disconnect one into two separated. Same is here with roboports.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Gameplay Help”